Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Losi Night Crawler comparison to Axial Wraith???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #1

Default Losi Night Crawler comparison to Axial Wraith???

Wondering if anyone that has just picked up a Wraith can compare it to a LNC for me? I have a LNC (all stock)now and just mess around with it in the yard.
Looking at the new Wraith I am interested in picking it up. I am wondering how the crawling of the Wraith is? I like the LNC but I also think some speed would make it alot better. Are they similar enough that I should I sell the LNC and pick up a Wraith? Or should I keep the LNC for crawling and pick up a Wraith for the times I wanna go faster.

Looking at all the videos the Wraith looks like a fun machine.
CRF450X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Comparing apples to oranges my friend. The wraith is more of a scaler/ Rock Racer....Your LNC is more of a Sportsman class comp crawler. Get both!
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Sometimes, I make things.

An LNC can be set up to be one darn good Sportsman class crawler, I just swapped electronics and tuned the shocks and link placement on mine and it was impressive. I wouldn't ditch the LNC for a wraith, I wish I kept my LNC, it was a great truck, I also want a Wraith. I am sure the Wraith can be set up good for crawling but I personally think the LNC is better suited for crawling, and the Wraith is much better suited as a basher, have both and you will have something for each terrain, plus if one breaks, you have the other to play with while you get the busted one fixed.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

The COG would be wayy to high on a Wraith to be competitve on full on rock crawling, but I got a Berg for comps and a SCX-10 that over time has turned into a Wrekluse Chassis Class 3 beast of a scaler that I use for playing in snow and scale comps we have, as well as our scale TTC. I enjoy both of them and am glad I got both.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #5

looks like I need both....It looks like a ton of fun. I am going to see if I can find a wraith in my LHS this weekend. Thanks for the info.
CRF450X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF450X View Post
looks like I need both....It looks like a ton of fun. I am going to see if I can find a wraith in my LHS this weekend. Thanks for the info.
Tower Hobbies is still showing mid July for "in stock".
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I seen a Wraith at a LHS the other day so they are starting to show up.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #8

i am the owner of a LNC myself and was looking at the wraith so i figured my NOOB self would chime in!...

i am learning a lot with the LNC, it was an impulse buy but after some weighting issues a lipo pack and a velenium system from my slash it is coming along considering i have no parts.

i have heard a few reports of some wraith's being damaged right out of the box. broken links on 2 occasions and gouges in the radio wheel from poor shipping.,,, once again, i have not seen this personally, but people dont normally make this stuff up.... another thing the pros on here seem to mention is the high center of gravity....

please correct me if im wrong on anything but i think on payday im going to order me a AX10!
Sixohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I own a ax10,scx10,LCC,wraith,subzero,rc4wd FJ40,komodo's and the list goes on..each has its place according to what I am trying to do that day..
If you are looking for a full blown comp crawler(which the lnc really isnt unless you dump cash into it) then no the wraith isnt that,if your looking for something you can run thru a creekbed and then hit some rocks then across the grass then yes the wraith is what your looking for. Its a SCALE crawler not a full blown comp,the drivetrain is capable of it but the chassis is where the cutoff is and kills any kind of chance to win a full blown rock comp. If your gonna build a comp crawler I would go with a moa or a lcc and build it as a strict rock machine,wraith is a fun all around truck.
docsrcrepair is offline   Reply With Quote