Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: axial wraith vs. Crawler king for bashing/ trails/ crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default axial wraith vs. Crawler king for bashing/ trails/ crawling

Taking into consideration the $110 price difference, whats better for general bashing, hill climbing, trails, and light crawling? Also keep in mind the possibility of spending $110 to upgrade the Crawler king to meet the price of the wraith, whats the better truck? ( for my needs)
strap624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

my opinion WRAITH gets the win
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

ABSOLUTELY the Wraith. There is no comparison.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Wraith. . . . just because I want one . Wraith can crawl, trail and "rock race" in one package while the crawler king is a crawler and are made for the rocks. I dont mean to say you cant set it up for trailing but they are really meant to rock crawl haha. Maybe youll have a better luck comparing the crawler king to a scorpion or the xr10 they are about in the same category.
bro_die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

wraith! everyone wants one and is probably going to have far more aftermarket support. and the crawler king has way to much articulation for bashing/speed
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bro_die View Post
Wraith. . . . just because I want one . Wraith can crawl, trail and "rock race" in one package while the crawler king is a crawler and are made for the rocks. I dont mean to say you cant set it up for trailing but they are really meant to rock crawl haha. Maybe youll have a better luck comparing the crawler king to a scorpion or the xr10 they are about in the same category.
I have to disagree with this analysis of the Crawler King. It's not that good of a crawler and if you look in the Wheely King tech section you will see that most are built more as trail runners and mud trucks than crawlers.

If you factor in the $110 difference that you could spend on the CK it'd be a tough call. Out of the box the Wraith is a more capable vehicle but both of them can be upgraded to your preference. The "look" of the vehicle is what it would come down to and which one YOU prefer, whether it be caged or bodied. Then there's the resellability. Right now Wraith's are hot and would be easy to sell whereas you're going to take a hit to the wallet selling a modded CK.

If it was me,, I'd buy the Wraith!

Last edited by John82601; 08-31-2011 at 06:30 AM.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
RCC Addict

ok ive never owned a crawler king, just looked at one at the lhs. it just seemed that the suspension had too much flex for speed
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Wraith!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

A fellow at our local crawling comps brought a ck to the 2.2 class. Before he came with it i thought (that would be a cool truck to have)., the price was cheap. His first day at crawling was a disaster to say the least. Granted it was an average tuff course but doable. He had trouble going through the 1st gate. No knock on the ck (cause it was stock). No weighted wheels or anything!
I got the 1st wraith locally and love it. A half dozen guys local have wraiths now and i havent herd a bad word about them. Except the ball joint screws have backed out of the c hub and got lost. Some are stock and some are modded. BUY THE WRAITH! Mines not stock but does what i want it to do!
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

You could spend $200 on the Crawler King and it would be half the truck that the Wraith is. I just got done chasing my kids all around the neighborhood with my stock Wraith and it was a kick in the ass. NO COMPARISON.

BUY THE WRAITH!
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I've got both. The CK is a crawler, that's it...it's never going to do what the Wraith does. You could set it up for more speed, and it wouldn't work as a crawler without swapping out components each time.
Its a decent truck, but it is single purpose. The Wraith crawls, rock races and does it all right out of the box. Even stock, it's way more versatile than the CK
Quote:
Originally Posted by strap624 View Post
Taking into consideration the $110 price difference, whats better for general bashing, hill climbing, trails, and light crawling? Also keep in mind the possibility of spending $110 to upgrade the Crawler king to meet the price of the wraith, whats the better truck? ( for my needs)
YYCADM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

dont even think on crappy king BUY A WRAITH
k20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #13
Try to Bend it

Crawler king for sure.

................No seriously buy the Wraith.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
dnf

I cant wait to buy a wraith,I have never even considered a crawler king
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I've run a wk crawler for a long time... and I just bought a wraith.

Wraith all the way.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John82601 View Post
I have to disagree with this analysis of the Crawler King. It's not that good of a crawler and if you look in the Wheely King tech section you will see that most are built more as trail runners and mud trucks than crawlers.

If you factor in the $110 difference that you could spend on the CK it'd be a tough call. Out of the box the Wraith is a more capable vehicle but both of them can be upgraded to your preference. The "look" of the vehicle is what it would come down to and which one YOU prefer, whether it be caged or bodied. Then there's the resellability. Right now Wraith's are hot and would be easy to sell whereas you're going to take a hit to the wallet selling a modded CK.
Then itll make me wonder why they would call it a "CRAWLER" king eyy
A members sig here in the forum says something like " give 20 people the same rc and they would build 20 different ways" or something like that. Reason why im saying this is . . . . they built it for that purpose but its still a crawler. peace no offense but its still a crawler.
bro_die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Wraith!!
Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:03 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Lol...almost seems like no question which to get. I anticipate a larger aftermarket support for the Wraith to come in addition to it being available in kit form!

The possibilities on Axial products are endless if you follow the threads around here with anyone running Axial trannies, axles, chassis, etc...

I would have no idea what to do with a Crawler King...sure it's kind of scale if you're into the lifted monster truck look but even for mild crawling the COG is already way too high and the suspension is no different than the Wheely King.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #19

Another vote for the wraith
gas-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Wraith the ck is not even a good crawler
k goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote