Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Electronics Help Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #1

Smile Electronics Help Please

OK so this is my first thread so lets start it this way... Yesterday i was bored and i was browsing around on YouTube and I got to a video showing RC Crawlers...I then got bored and decided to go onto Kijiji.ca a trading site to see if there were any cheap crawlers and sure enough i got a Losi mini crawler pro just by trading my useless PSP Go...Now this won't be my first RC car...this would be my third but I am only new to Rock Crawlers. The guy i got it from gave it to me brand new and as some of you may know the Mini Crawler Pro comes as just a roller so i told the guy I needed a ,servo ,a motor and the pinion,a esc, a radio, and a reciever. The guy gave me everything I asked for...So then I went straight to building and when i got to the part where i had to put on the servo the servo was so old the plastic just snapped off the sides ad basically the only thing that worked was the radio reciever and esc... i then took my futaba radio and servo and reciever from my Tamiya tt01 and swapped it out onto my crawler... then this is where i need you guys to help me-the guy gave me a mystery 2s 900mah 15c lipo battery and a duratrax esc but the charging head wasnt the same size for my esc so he told me to solder on the correc head connector... i was wondering if first the duratrax sprint forward and reverse speed control would actually bee able to handle the mystery lipo if i changed out the connector head on the esc and second how much shuld a lipo charger cost?
Jeffreyisrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Don't know anything about the Esc.

However about chargers, go to hobbypartz.com they have Lipo chargers for great prices. The Thunder AC line of chargers are especially great I have an AC680 (i believe that's the right #) and it's a fantastic charger with it's own AC power supply. You're gonna spend anywhere from $35 to $300 depending on what you pick out lol, mine was $65 with free shipping.
federally is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronics, esc, help noob, lipo