Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT HEEELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #1

Default Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT HEEELP

Hi guys im new here and i got an axial wraith that just had the combo Mamba Max Pro SCT Edition ESC and Neu-Castle 1415 2400 kv motor. The thing is this setup has a tremendous amount of punch and its impossible to drive at low speed. I already tried all the configurations possible on the ESC with the remote, and even at lowest power it does the same, doesnt matter if its on a 2s or 3s. any suggestions to make this as smooth as my novak goat?

Last edited by fmiguel; 09-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.
fmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #2

I find it hard to believe that thousands of people share the same hobby and nobody knows this!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Try changing the pinion.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
RCC Addict

the goat is sensored the castle isnt so it wont be as smooth but get a castle link or someone near you who has one and turn on the punch control a little and make the throttle curve with a little bit of belly in it
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I'm using the same setup in my scx with ar60 axles. While its not as smooth as any sensored setup, it can get smoother. Like others have said, gear down. Also, rotating the motor wires around will find the sweet spot for you. Motor wire colors don't have to match.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #6

thanks for the advice guys. i had reasons to believe that the by changing some parameters with the castle software i could reduce the punch, unfortunatly it doesnt change significantly, and as i am using this on a "scale" trailer, its getting impossible to explore the tracks with low speeds. lowering the pinion might help controling this? wont it be too slow then?

thanks in advance
Old 09-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmiguel View Post
thanks for the advice guys. i had reasons to believe that the by changing some parameters with the castle software i could reduce the punch, unfortunatly it doesnt change significantly, and as i am using this on a "scale" trailer, its getting impossible to explore the tracks with low speeds. lowering the pinion might help controling this? wont it be too slow then?

thanks in advance
With a smaller pinion, it will make it much more controllable at low speeds, but still be stupid fast on 3s. You might also want to change your throttle curve to a little less agressive curve.
MitchellY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #8

Thanks guys, i'm always learning here. I got an answer from castle, it seems that when i did the torque limiter option it didnt actually change anything, cuz the software says its going to preform a test on the motor and does nothing. so i guess ill give it another try. this motor is a beast. its a shame if i had to let it go
Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
TSK
Shelf queen

Why not drop down to 2s?
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #10

Doesnt make much diference 2s or 3s. Believe me a tried both
Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #11

Guys I have news, got my hands on a Robitronic 21.5 sensored brushless motor, and i plugged it on the mamba max pro, the wierd thing is that the motor has so much stutering and coguing that doesnt even move forward/backward, i thought that motor was damaged and ordered another one, does the same thing. i tried everything with castle link, does the same, tried Smart Sensor, improves a little but still doesnt rotate the engine. Im just out of ideas here, switched the sensor wires, soldered new plugs, the motor timing is zero, doesnt move. only coguing and stutering! any ideas guys? I think im going to trash this Mamba MAX PRO ESC!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

What gears are you running? (How many teeth?) A smaller pinion should really help you.
Team Tactical Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #13

Im running 20T (stock axial wraith pinion) guys i got it solved, i changed the order of the 3 Motor Wires, until i did find the perfect spot, changed dramaticly, now only has little stutering like 0,2% at the beggining. and i do believe i can fix it throw castle link. even the manual stated the order of the wires didnt matter, but it does. hope it help more people in the future, and i also want to say THANK YOU to everyone for helping me here!

take care guys
Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT HEEELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmiguel View Post
Im running 20T (stock axial wraith pinion) guys i got it solved, i changed the order of the 3 Motor Wires, until i did find the perfect spot, changed dramaticly, now only has little stutering like 0,2% at the beggining. and i do believe i can fix it throw castle link. even the manual stated the order of the wires didnt matter, but it does. hope it help more people in the future, and i also want to say THANK YOU to everyone for helping me here!

take care guys
hi there Miguel, i live in brazil now but i am portuguese also, i just bought an axial wraith (in miami, a friend of mine is going to bring it to me) with it i also buy a mamba max pro sct with the same engine you are 2400kv, i would like to know what and how have you make the conections of the wires and if you can post your photos of it. just for me to do the exact same thing with mine. I dont know if this motor is best than the 3800kv, especially for the wraith, i am running on 2 lipo 5000mah 40c. And does this engine (bigger than the stock) and with 4 poles does it handles good for crawling or is just good for bashing and up hills? im concerned because in the store i choose the 3800kv but they insisted the 2400 its better, as i am a newbie also i got the one they have to get it for a lower price (in brazil with taxes its a lot more expensive) so i got the one they have on stock but i have the question is this better than the 3800kv or not? whats your experience with this combo?
can you post some videos of your wraith with it? bashing and crawling?
thanks in advance
cravo
cravo is offline   Reply With Quote