Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Looking for lift kit for scx-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Looking for lift kit for scx-10

I want to do a lift kit for an scx-10 so I can put the 2.2 tires on it but don't know if how to go about doing it. I'm putting it on a proline '70 Ford body and want it to be more of a mudding and go in water truck. Already ordering the traxxas waterproof servos and esc.

All help is appreciated!
jray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
RCC Addict

you can put on longer shocks or RPPHOBBY sells brackets you mount to your shock hoops to use as a " lift kit". i put on 4inch traxxas big bores on mine and it gave me more than enough room. you also might wanna look at a stronger servo also
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

You could buy one of these to lift it. I have no exp. with this but maybe some that has one could help. I just got longer shocks and have no body rubbing issues and run 2.2 tires that are 5 inches tall. Its not real stable but I use it mostly for mud and trails.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/level3-r...it-p-3769.html
rickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

i use g-made transison 110mm and works fine with 2.2
2FAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I just raised the body higher and put aluminum side plates beside the trans to fill the gap and to bolt the side rails to.
Mud Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

awesome... thanks! Wanted to build it her soon but I want to do it right the first time
Old 09-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

You can just make it, I did. I used a scrap piece of lexan to make a mock up before cutting the lift kit out of some aluminum I got at the hardware store for like $3. You just need the pieces to screw in to 2 of the mount holes, then go down as far as you want for however much of a lift you want. I drilled mine for a 1/4" and 1/2" lift, currently running the half inch lift. I can't link pics right now but I can link you to the page of my build thread with the pic of my lift

Federally's SCX10
federally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by federally View Post
You can just make it, I did. I used a scrap piece of lexan to make a mock up before cutting the lift kit out of some aluminum I got at the hardware store for like $3. You just need the pieces to screw in to 2 of the mount holes, then go down as far as you want for however much of a lift you want. I drilled mine for a 1/4" and 1/2" lift, currently running the half inch lift. I can't link pics right now but I can link you to the page of my build thread with the pic of my lift

Federally's SCX10

I looked at your rig and I like the set up you have. It also answers my soon to be question on what to do with getting shocks. I like the ones you had so as long as they are working for you I will look into getting them plus the price is not half bad.

Where did you order yours from?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I really like the shocks, I wanted a softer setup that allowed the axles to move without disturbing the entire truck and they gave me that. I got them off of ebay for $37 shipped. Just search 'Scx10 air shock', you can get them in like 4 colors and a couple lengths. If you get them just make sure you disassemble them and put a little oil on the seals and a couple drops in the body to lube the piston and o rings. Then they're good to go
federally is offline   Reply With Quote