Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Waterproofing AX-10 RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #1

Default Waterproofing AX-10 RTR

So I recently came into ownership of my very first crawler an AX10-RTR scorpion.

After doing some research from trolling on the site I have a small wishlist of parts I am looking at buying. However, my question for you is what is the best way to go about waterproofing? Should I buy waterproof parts? Use balloons? Or do the sealant? Pictures and advice would be greatly appreciated, I want it to look as clean as possible so I think the balloons are out of the question unless someone can prove me wrong.

Any help and advice are appreciated!

thanks
jc1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

if you troll some more there is a sticky at the top of the electronics page all about water proofing
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #3

/readfail. i overlooked that thread for whatever reason, but i guess the thing i was looking for was something geared to the ax10 specifically, but i will just stop being lazy and start working on it, there were some good ideas in there.

thanks
jc1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

alot of the info is universal, not rig specifec. stuff like the servo, esc and such. should give you a good idea.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #5

I don't understand why there arn't more waterproof options. Many of Novaks have water resistance, but I haven't pushed it at all.
multi-bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

I'll put my 2 cents in: My Blur (Mamba Max) fried almost immediately using the "liquid tape method". I thought I was super careful applying it, but I guess not. Granted, I'm talkin fully submerged in a pond. The CorrosionX method has worked flawlessly (easier too). I can jump off a river bank, float it downstream and drive away. It may still come back to bite me, but it's been weeks and weeks on the original treatment. And, everything looks stock. Just dipped my new 4pks receiver too.
ww_kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww_kayak View Post
I'll put my 2 cents in: My Blur (Mamba Max) fried almost immediately using the "liquid tape method". I thought I was super careful applying it, but I guess not. Granted, I'm talkin fully submerged in a pond. The CorrosionX method has worked flawlessly (easier too). I can jump off a river bank, float it downstream and drive away. It may still come back to bite me, but it's been weeks and weeks on the original treatment. And, everything looks stock. Just dipped my new 4pks receiver too.
X2 on the corrosionX i dipped the servo, esc, sensor ring on my brushless motor, and rx and they all work flawlessly, and the final product is cleaner as well. I spoke with the dealer because i am using this for industrial applicantions as well, and he said that they have a bunch of people from the rc boat world hooked on this product because it works so well.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote