Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Whats this motor good for??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2006, 12:59 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Whats this motor good for??

Hey all,
i just pre orders the new tamiya f350, and it is going to be my truck puller / trail rig no crawling at all!! Just trail bashing and hauling!! . Im gunna go with water proof esc and receiver (from LRP) so i can go mudding and water wamping with no worries. and i figerd if im ordering from LRP i might as well get a motor too. they have two i had my eyes on. One that built for truck pulling only!! and one called Big block.

I got into Rc cars for crawling, ive never really raced or done anything else with Rc cars so im not the sharpest tool in the shed when it come electronics. Im not a nood i can wire and ****. im slowly self learning everything but i just want some "professional" help form those veterains of rc cars.

So my real question is witch one of these do i want. Its gunna be for just trails, mudding, water, sand, pretty much All terrain, and some show truck pulling .

pics and tech!!
Truck puuller

**THIS PARA. IS STRAIGHT FROM THE SITE**
Extremely precise throttle control for driving maneuvers where every millimeter counts. That´s no problem for our Truck Puller 2. Equipped with a special winding and featuring the highest possible torque along with perfectly aligned timing for uniform right-left runs, precise to-scale driving is no longer an issue. In other words, you´re going to be right up there with the big guys.

THE BIG BLOCK

** FROM THE SITE **
The Big Block Special is the absolute powerhouse among LRP ‘s special motors.With its 650 size teardown,this motor is ideal for large electric-powered models (e.g.HPI Super EP)or monster trucks because of its extremely high torque.*

please gimme so hint, tips and help!! heres the site if you guys wanna look for YE selfs
http://lrp-electronic.de/e/lis/
thanks

Last edited by CreepyCrawler88; 05-29-2006 at 01:08 AM.
CreepyCrawler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2006, 01:53 AM   #2
RCC Addict

a 17T stock motor is more powerfull than the LRP big block
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRESSor
a 17T stock motor is more powerfull than the LRP big block
SHHEESHH!! OK!!

So now its between the puller and a lathe 65?? remenber this is for trail not crawling, i got to many crawlers as is and in all my i have 55t or 65ts

I heard the Mag May is a good motor, how would that work for trail?? also i heard the puller is alot slower then a lathe 55 or 65 and doesnt have enough torque to get you up and over bumps.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Have you ever thought about going brushless? You may want to read some of the brushless threads on here now or even talk to JRH to get the complete info on them. May be exactly what you're looking for.
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
Have you ever thought about going brushless? You may want to read some of the brushless threads on here now or even talk to JRH to get the complete info on them. May be exactly what you're looking for.
What brushless systems would you use for trails?? Something like the NOVAK HV-MAXX BRUSHLESS MOTOR SYSTEM??
Or the Super Sport Plus ESC Joins SS5800 Motor to form a Super System
SUPER SPORT PLUS ESC FEATURES
BRUSHLESS MODE FEATURES
5 Throttle Profiles (Profiles 1-4 are fully programmable)
Profile #1 - Unlimited Forward, Reverse, w/Smart Braking II
Profile #2 - Unlimited Forward w/Brakes
Profile #3 - Sportsman Forward, Reverse, w/Smart Braking II (limited RPM)
Profile #4 - Sportsman Forward w/Brakes (limited RPM)
Profile #5 - Marine Mode (not programmable) with 25% Reverse and Smart Braking II

Last edited by CreepyCrawler88; 05-29-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Outrunner Brushless in stock, esc's too

contact the starter of this post and i belive JRH can help u out.
plyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:03 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Believe it or not I have a trail rig that does well with the Tamiya silver can. It is not a comp truck, just a bashing trail rig. The truck is a 2.2 TLT based with stampeded tranny. The silver can has decent speed and good run time. I have several so it did not cost anything. Also since the motor is the lowest thing in the truck I am not worried about killing a free motor with mud, dirt etc.

In my TXT trail rig I am running a single Speed Gem Amber (17T). It has a good mix or torque and speed. I added a GD-600 to it. The run times are in the 20 -25 min range using a 6 cell GP 3300 pack.

Both of these trucks run at about the same speed but the TXT has more power due to the gearing. The weight of the truck makes a huge difference also.
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I dont think that the big block would even fit. Since its a "big block" The can is larger, so in something like the hi-lift f-150, I dont think that theres enough room. I wouldn't get that puller either, Unless someone on heres had on and has feedback for it, but otherwise :-( . If your making a trail truck I would reccommend a 45 turn motor, because its going to have more power like more mid and top end relative to a 55t or 65t for that matter. One more thing, if you live in Canada go to princess auto, they sell tons of 540 sized motors there for cheap too like 5 bucks a pop.
joshm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

thanks, i have been taking to JRH and he said the Novak 4300 brushless system might work well, but it might be to much for the tranny. Im still not 100% sure. I might just got with a simple 35-45 turn and a novak super duty... or Novak super sport plus

Last edited by CreepyCrawler88; 05-30-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
MODERATOR™

With it being a 3 speed who's to say the stock 27 turn included in the kit won't be perfect?

Is it included? Well whatever...
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Maybe......but i guess ill have to wait and see. besides i would wanna up grade anyways to a nicer esc and maybe motor.