Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New Guy Buying Scx-10 "Builder's Kit"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #1

Default New Guy Buying Scx-10 "Builder's Kit"

Hey Guy's! I'm new to the whole "Crawling" environment.I was heading towards the Axial SCX-10 Builders Kit.I wanted to build my truck from ground up so i thought that was a good model to choose from out of the axial products.I watch djmedic2008 on youtube.I don't know if any one else does on this forum or not but he has told me Tekin T55 Motor and ESC is a good choice for electronics and a Hitec 645 servo.Are those good products to run in these trucks?What im bascially going to do is trailing with a buddy of mine.The trails are muddy and some ruff spots here and there.Nothing too crazy.But,about waterproofing i saw a video on how to do it i think i'll just follow that unless anyone knows a good way to do so.Is there anything i should try different in the electronics or should i go the route i'm going?
Barzano.Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to the crawling scene.

Tekin FXR's are good, but if your truck starts to get some weight to it, the ESC might get a bit hot.

I run Mamba Max Pros in all my trucks, its about the same price as Tekin FXR. With the Mamba Max Pros you can run brushed/brushless/sensored/non-sensored MOTORS. Plus the tekin handles 3S lipo ok, but the Mamba Max Pro handles up to 6S lipo. But the Mamba Max Pro is bigger.

Castle Creations 1/10 Mamba Max Pro ESC Smart Sense

As for the servo, the 645mg is a good start.

As for waterproofing, running through any water is going to kill bearing and electronics, you can seal them but they can get hot. My motto, stay out of water....its cheaper on the wallet.

Justin,

Last edited by justinart24; 11-14-2011 at 01:05 AM.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I forgot to add, "djmedic2008" promotes this hobby pretty good but his building skills are limited. I would suggest using the search function on this forum or post a build thread and asked for skilled builders advice. It will save you a lot of money down the road.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i just built the exact same kit. my advice would be to do as much research as possible. plenty of info on here and so far for me plenty of people willing to help.
madazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

for servos the hitec is good i have been running the w/p traxxas servo for about 2 years with out any problems and the deepest i go in the wet stuff is up to the wheel wells and im still safe
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
I forgot to add, "djmedic2008" promotes this hobby pretty good but his building skills are limited. I would suggest using the search function on this forum or post a build thread and asked for skilled builders advice. It will save you a lot of money down the road.
x2 his building skills are very limited , if you need advice take it from the guys on here. maybe his 15 yearold followers think hes something speacial, but the pros on here are much better.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #7

Hahaha I'm one of those 15 year old followers but not anymore...this forum knows more then he will ever know Lol.Well thanks guys & i'll research the mamba system you have a link to one that you use?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzano.Racing View Post
Hahaha I'm one of those 15 year old followers but not anymore...this forum knows more then he will ever know Lol.Well thanks guys & i'll research the mamba system you have a link to one that you use?
Yep, thats the link to rpphobby.com, they got the best prices around and great shipping too.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #9

Yea...I just realized it was a link after i typed it all
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #10

The information in the dedicated threads is great. There are a lot of highly skilled and motivated people on here more than willing to offer advice take full advantage. read a couple of the build threads and it is like monthe oftrial and error in a few hours.
NSANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I'm running a Tekin FX R with a 3 cell lipo(about 12v) and a 35t Tekin hand wound motor. I started with a 55t then a 45t now a 35t motor. I ran a 6 cell nmh the a 8 cell nmh then a 10 cell nmh. The lipo batteries seem to last longer but the charger are more.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote