Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: newbie wanting info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default newbie wanting info

I am just wanting to know where to get started in building up a good crawler, I have 2 nylint that are very tricked out. I want to move to the next level though and get the better deal. What i need to know is where to find chassis, elec. equipment, what the best way to go as in tlt, clod, etc. What is the average price in the good crawlers, if some one could let me know, may b some websites and what not. If there is anything i left out i am sure someone will fill me in. Thanks
kawicrazed_125_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation

Okay,first off you are not allowed to use "tricked out" and "Nylint" in the same sentence.Second,take a look in the Vendors Forum.You can damn near build and order a complete crawler for a decent price there.Third,get some pictures and show off your work of art!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

hehe listen to him. almost any vendor on here can build you something sick
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

What they said..
And as for a website to send you to..??? You have allready found it.
There is no other website that I have found that is more infomative than this one and in many different areas.
"the best way to go" - If you are wanting to get started there are many set ups its what you want to accomplish in this crawler that you want to build. If cost is a big factor (in most cases) go with a TLT $80 shipped from www.ultimatehobbies.com. That will get you the axles and a good starting point. Then upgrade = pede or stealth tranny and so on.
I would suggest reading each section and getting a feel for what you want. That is always the best place to start. Then do you want to run a tuber, plate or "scale" chassis. Tubers and plates are good for comps and scales are for looking well scale with the ability to crawl damn near anything.
Electrical. You can start by finding a nice Tq3 off ebay or the forsale forum here. Then go to ebay and get a nice little MOPED esc (they are cheap and work well) Holmes hobbies can set you up with the battery. and the servos can be found any where as well. most go to towerhobbies or try and find a good deal on evilbay.

Oh and always use your search button for questions, if you can't find your answer then post up.

And all three of us are vendors and will be happy to help in any way possible.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

now dont let these numbers scare you but realistically it will take 300-500 to make a good running 2.2 especially if you cant fabricate your own parts. it will cost between 500 and 750 to build a decent clod or maxx based crawler... the more resourceful and patient you are about putting it together the better off you will be. also the nickle and dime stuff is what usually kills a build as far as budget. so when it comes to fasteners buy them in bulk from sites like mcmaster.com
Old 06-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks for all the info. The way i want to go is scale. That is what i like the best, as for the pics of my work, they are in the nylint area. If you cant find them i will show them off. I just need some close ups, o and sorry for tricked out/nylint, your right. There isnt much you can do to make them the best, but still damn good enough.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

ya, i was trying to build one for about 200 didn't make it at all. i got the tlt with a motor, and batteries and full kit for 120. then i got a remote/reciever +25 2.2 wheels +20 battery charger +50 misc bolts +10 esc +30 so right there to get it running is 250 and thats minus a body to fit and tranny and moabs
Bknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

??? Tlt Max climber kit, tlt rock buster????
Old 06-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

well if you want scale, heres a good foundation.

CSC-1