Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Which wraith should I buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Which wraith should I buy

On ckrc.com they have different kits. I'm leaning more towards the kit C but don't know much about. Is the brushless system in that kit as fast or faster than the stock motor and do they also ship the original parts along with the upgrades? Need some guidance and advice. Which would be the best for me. This is my second axial, had the scx 10 and did minor upgrades but sold it to get me the wraith, I'm pretty much a noob at this.
sixhundred71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Ckrc is going to give you problems. I would sugest ordering from somewhere ealse my last order took 7 days to recive a call saying they were out of stock on ALL gears and would only refund my money not back order my need parts then it was 8 days till I saw the package I called 20 times and emailed a lot but still have yet to recive a call or email back. I am running the 13.5 timbuk2 wraith edition with stock gearing it is a litle faster then stock but still can crawl I would suggest ordering a longer cable to go inbetween the esc and reciver box to help with the install and if you get a new battery make sure to check and see if the leads will fit threw the cut out in the console or you'll have to put everything in the front seat so the wires will reach

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk
redneck crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Which wraith should I buy

not sure about the kits on ckrc but im going to go out on a limb and say the brushless setup is going to be faster, and they are not going to include the stock parts. it one or the other. I will say that if I were you i would buy the kit from RPP. it comes as a roller (no electronics) and then do a little research on the site and choose the motor and ecs you want. holmes hobbies has a nice setup, castle creations is good, and tekin as well. ask 10 guys on this site which motor/esc and you will get some combination of those 3. you will also need a hi torque servo. to many choices to list on that. I can tell you CKRC does not have the best reputation, but rpp has never let me down.

That being said if you dont have a radio maybe the rtr (ready to run) is the kit for you and you can upgrade as you go.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Do not buy from CKRC....friends don't let friends buy from CKRC
It will not be a pleasant experience. PERIOD
Postclanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

never had any problems with ckrc, parts have always been on time, do your research buying a kit that someone else puts together doesn't sound all that great to me, it may take a little longer but do your research and build it the way you want it'll always turn out better in the end, first you need to decide what the main purpose of the build is going to be, crawling, bashing, whatever..... then build off of that if your going to bash it i always liked the velineon its simple, waterproof and takes a beating, for crawling you would want something a little more controlable at slow speeds
srt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

After a lot of reading here I ordered the RTR version. Gonna run it awhile and upgrade as it breaks.
SlowGrynd is offline   Reply With Quote

Which wraith should I buy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win a new Axial Wraith Kit, before you can buy one! jason General Crawlers 537 09-30-2011 11:26 AM
Win an Axial Wraith kit, before you can buy them! jason Axial Wraith 0 09-21-2011 08:27 PM
Where did you buy the Wraith? boolean21 Chit Chat 10 09-11-2011 08:34 AM
Want to buy a Wraith, But... aceisback Axial Wraith 17 07-24-2011 07:06 PM