Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: newbie in california need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #1

Default newbie in california need help

im a newbie located in California and im looking for body and tire upgrades for a 1/8th scale Exceed MaxStone 8 prefferably a jeep body. i don't know much about rc so any information will help thanks
4cforchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #2

Just searched google for "1/8th scale Exceed MaxStone 8 bodies" shows you can fit traxxas slash so i guess could fit the raptor too??
Shivike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cforchrist View Post
im a newbie located in California and im looking for body and tire upgrades for a 1/8th scale Exceed MaxStone 8 prefferably a jeep body. i don't know much about rc so any information will help thanks
New Bright makes toy level RC Jeep branded products...the bodies are really nice and realistic looking, the rest of it goes to the dump.

Jeep Wrangler 4-Door, R/C Trucks, 1:8 Scale, 20", 60898
Jeep Wrangler 4-Door, Mud Slingers, 1:8 Scale, 20", 30879

Nylint also makes one, but it's 1/6...could be made to fit
here's one on ebay,NYLINT ROCK CRAWLER JEEP 1:6 RC RADIO CONTROL 4WD | eBay you might want to bid, you never know, you might walk away with it for 20 bucks
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cforchrist View Post

Welcome to the forums. I have a lot of family down your way. The sisters live in Capitola above the village.. Honestly I would avoid the previous posted ones as they are more for scale trucks and would considerably hamper the performance of your truck. I would look into one of the many offering in Lexan which will be much more suited to a comp style crawler. Hpi make a good one that is nice and big that would fit your truck well

HPI Jeep Rubicon Body (body only, clear, not trimmed) #7182*-*-Bodies*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

There are some offerings from Pro-Line also but are a little smaller.

Tires are going to be more tricky because of the size. Personally I would make some customs but they cost a lot and aren't for everyone. A set of proline moabs might be a good tire for you.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Welcome to the forums. I have a lot of family down your way. The sisters live in Capitola above the village.. Honestly I would avoid the previous posted ones as they are more for scale trucks and would considerably hamper the performance of your truck. I would look into one of the many offering in Lexan which will be much more suited to a comp style crawler. Hpi make a good one that is nice and big that would fit your truck well

HPI Jeep Rubicon Body (body only, clear, not trimmed) #7182*-*-Bodies*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

There are some offerings from Pro-Line also but are a little smaller.

Tires are going to be more tricky because of the size. Personally I would make some customs but they cost a lot and aren't for everyone. A set of proline moabs might be a good tire for you.
If you're suggesting that he comps a 1/8th scale Exceed MaxStone, then you're the one who needs to be ignored
Old 11-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
If you're suggesting that he comps a 1/8th scale Exceed MaxStone, then you're the one who needs to be ignored
You don't have to immediately be a dick if someone does not agree with you on here. Rcc is a far to hostile place at times. Makes me wonder how many people start their day with a huge cup of asshole. Go back and read what I said. The words were "comp style" referring the the design of the vehicle and setup of the chassis. It would be incorrect to call it a "scale type" crawler so What would you consider it? I don't see where anyone said he was comping with it either? I didn't say you were wrong or attack your idea just simply pointed him in what I feel is a more proper direction for his vehicle. The OP said he was looking for an upgrade. I don't see how a expensive super heavy hard to find scale body fits that request. Especially when you consider how much he would need to hack it up to make it clear his tires. If this thread was someone looking for a scx10 body you would have been right on base. You should take the 2 fingers from your and shove them in your mouth next time you find yourself thinking of speaking.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
You don't have to immediately be a dick if someone does not agree with you on here. Rcc is a far to hostile place at times. Makes me wonder how many people start their day with a huge cup of asshole. Go back and read what I said. The words were "comp style" referring the the design of the vehicle and setup of the chassis. It would be incorrect to call it a "scale type" crawler so What would you consider it? I don't see where anyone said he was comping with it either? I didn't say you were wrong or attack your idea just simply pointed him in what I feel is a more proper direction for his vehicle. The OP said he was looking for an upgrade. I don't see how a expensive super heavy hard to find scale body fits that request. Especially when you consider how much he would need to hack it up to make it clear his tires. If this thread was someone looking for a scx10 body you would have been right on base. You should take the 2 fingers from your and shove them in your mouth next time you find yourself thinking of speaking.
when you say things like "Honestly I would avoid the previous posted" what exactly do you think is going to happen???
Old 11-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
when you say things like "Honestly I would avoid the previous posted" what exactly do you think is going to happen???
I would hope he would "avoid the previous posted" bodies like I recommend. Its the section for new crawlers and advice. And that isn't good advice you gave. The options you listed are not suited to the vehicle he has. He has a comp style vehicle which is best suited for a lexan body. how would he even mount that body? He is most likely looking to keep the existing performance of his vehicle and not make a massive down grade in performance by placing a 1lb scale body on it. I would still avoid and recommend others to avoid scale bodies on comp style trucks regardless of scale or brand.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
I would hope he would "avoid the previous posted" bodies like I recommend. Its the section for new crawlers and advice. And that isn't good advice you gave. The options you listed are not suited to the vehicle he has. He has a comp style vehicle which is best suited for a lexan body. how would he even mount that body? He is most likely looking to keep the existing performance of his vehicle and not make a massive down grade in performance by placing a 1lb scale body on it. I would still avoid and recommend others to avoid scale bodies on comp style trucks regardless of scale or brand.
I see what you're say'n, and I do agree with you, but there are a fair number or drivers here that put scale bodies on their MOA's. I was just on a fairly extensive thread talking about this very thing MOA scaler? . Is it something I'd do? NO. But it's still fine with me if someone else likes it.
I should have asked this threads author what he had in mind and not just assume that he wanted a scale look.
(but when I here a driver start talking about Jeep bodies, I go into scale mode, not comp mode...that's just me)
Old 01-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #10

Default Re: newbie in california need help

this is what im working with a exceed maxstone 8 it is f-ing huge... it has a center to center wheel base of 19" long an 12" wide each tire is about 7 3/4" tall 3 1/4" wide. i don't want to change the suspension at all (at least not yet) but i want a body that looks scale but without hindering the performance. a just don't like the non realistic look of the body. it makes me think of a monster truck with a not real body style. 1/8th Scale 2.4Ghz Exceed RC MaxStone 4WD Powerful Electric Remote Control Rock Crawler 100% RTR
4cforchrist is offline   Reply With Quote