Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Thunder Tiger Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #1

Default Thunder Tiger Build

Well since this is my first post and I have looked for a couple hours, so I feel comfortable actually asking you guys.

I have an older 1/8th scale nitro buggy called the Thunder Tiger Mirage V-spec that I am thinking about converting to a electric crawler. I was gonna do the clod axle route but turns out my mom threw out that box about 6 years ago. So I am thinking about going with a triangulated four link, brushless 1580 outrunner, dogbone shafts or Revos, with a wheelbase just a tad longer than the buggy and a brake line tube frame.

I have been an optician for years so silver soldering is easy for me and I have decent fab skills. I have been in and out of RC for about 15 years. Sick of the RTR crap. That kinda stuff wasn't available at all when I was 13, now anybody with mommies credit card has a T-Maxx and cries when they need to turn a screwdriver.

I am sure someone has got to have something like this running out there. Any pitfalls or suggestions are deffinately apprecited. I will deffinately post pics as they come available.

Last edited by IHCrawler; 07-28-2006 at 02:58 AM.
IHCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links