Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: mounting tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #1

Default mounting tires

ok i have standard clod axles and i wanna mount 2.2 wheels and rims on it, that i just purchased, but when i go to put them on it jsut docent fit right any eerythign, so what part do i need to addpt these to fit, hook me up with a link, ill prollyg et it off ebay or somthing. k thanks.
clodhelpneeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodhelpneeded
Hello, I have standard clod axles and I want to mount 2.2 wheels and tires on it.

I just purchased a set, but when I try to put them on it just doesn't fit right.

So what wheels do I need to make them fit?

Please hook me up with a link, I will probably get them off ebay. Ok thanks for the help.
First off, please use spell check!

It is very hard to understand your post which will make it hard for members to help you w/ your problem.

Now, try a set of Traxxas Stampede (front) wheels. They have a 12mm hex as does the Clod.

Problem is solved.

Last edited by dezfan; 08-26-2006 at 08:18 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodhelpneeded
ok i have standard clod axles and i wanna mount 2.2 wheels and rims on it, that i just purchased, but when i go to put them on it jsut docent fit right any eerythign, so what part do i need to addpt these to fit, hook me up with a link, ill prollyg et it off ebay or somthing. k thanks.

Let us know what kind of wheels you purchased to put on the Clod axles. Virtually all 2.2 wheels with a 12mm hex on them should fit. Do your's have a 12mm hex on it? If you got pics of the inside of the wheel, or even a close up of how it 'jsut docent fit right any eerythign' (I'm betting that you're trying to say: 'just doesn't fit right and everything'?).
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #4

i was unaware of things when i purchased my rims, there traxxas dish rims #1974 and there is no hex or anyhting at the back, its just round. is there a way i can solve this problem without having to purchase new rims??? although i woudlent mind a new pair as these are kinda ugly, prolly look alot better once i graphitti them.
clodhelpneeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:58 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You are going to need new wheels. I did not look up which set you bought, but Im pertty sure you bought front wheels for a Bandit or Rustler. They have no hex, just a space for bearings. You are going to want to pick up a set of Stampede front wheels, or a set of HPI or RPM universal wheels.
nktrnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:47 AM   #6

You got Nitro truck fronts, they use a different hub system than an electric truck. I would get some electric Rustler or 'Pede fronts.
CustomFabber13 is offline   Reply With Quote