Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Body Change to Axial XR 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Body Change to Axial XR 10

I have a somewhat stock XR10, with the body on. I have upgrades to the trans cases, gears, and tires. While I like the stock body, I was thinking of getting an aftermarket Ford Raptor body to replace the stock one. I just think it would look cool. I know the XR10 isn't really the rig to do scale stuff but it's the only one I've got and I don't really want to buy another rig at this time. I'm not a comp guy so staying in spec is not really a consideration. The body I was looking at is supposed to fit the Traxxas Slash, Slash 4x4, Associated SC10, HPI Blitz and, the Kyosho Ultima SC. Does anyone know if this is a possibility or have done a mod like this before? I'm pretty new to the RC world/crawler world and not sure of the possibilities of mods yet.
LooseMoose1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Body Change to Axial XR 10

You would be the first I know of.
Big thing is check the wheel base and figure out how you are going to mount the body to the chassis.
I know the stock system isn't going to support that big of a body..

I hate to say this, but if you aren't in to comping then it might be time to sell the XR or trade it for a scaler and go that route..
Just my $.02 worth..
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
You would be the first I know of.
Big thing is check the wheel base and figure out how you are going to mount the body to the chassis.
I know the stock system isn't going to support that big of a body..

I hate to say this, but if you aren't in to comping then it might be time to sell the XR or trade it for a scaler and go that route..
Just my $.02 worth..
Thanks for the reply. I got the idea from browsing Ebay the other day and I thought it would be a cool idea. I figure I''m going to have to find the dimensions of the body and see what I have to work with on the xr10. And I completely agree with you about having the wrong rig and that scaler might be better. But I got a good deal on it and have put a bunch of money into it. The other problem with comping is that there are not a bunch of opportunities around where I live to go to comps.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Which concord do you live in?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseMoose1978 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I got the idea from browsing Ebay the other day and I thought it would be a cool idea. I figure I''m going to have to find the dimensions of the body and see what I have to work with on the xr10. And I completely agree with you about having the wrong rig and that scaler might be better. But I got a good deal on it and have put a bunch of money into it. The other problem with comping is that there are not a bunch of opportunities around where I live to go to comps.
The xr10 even with upgrades is a easy rig to sell especially on here !!

I'm an xr10 guy myself not much into the scalers but I, as well, would think u would be alot more happier with a scale rig (scx10, TF2, etc) or even something along the lines of maybe a wraith... Just doesn't sound like the XR10 suits u well, but if u do keep it post some pics of that body, would be interested to see how it looks!
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Which concord do you live in?
I'm in Concord, NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1r3land View Post
The xr10 even with upgrades is a easy rig to sell especially on here !!

I'm an xr10 guy myself not much into the scalers but I, as well, would think u would be alot more happier with a scale rig (scx10, TF2, etc) or even something along the lines of maybe a wraith... Just doesn't sound like the XR10 suits u well, but if u do keep it post some pics of that body, would be interested to see how it looks!
I really like the rig and so far enjoy it, I'm amazed by the stuff it can do. And I have never ruled out comps but I don't have the experience in either building or driving yet to feel comfortable competing. If I do the body mod I'll definitely up some photos!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseMoose1978 View Post
I'm in Concord, NC.

I really like the rig and so far enjoy it, I'm amazed by the stuff it can do. And I have never ruled out comps but I don't have the experience in either building or driving yet to feel comfortable competing. If I do the body mod I'll definitely up some photos!
If you enjoy it, that's all that matters!!
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote

Body Change to Axial XR 10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial scx10 link change nwcrawlerkid General Crawlers 5 06-07-2011 07:02 PM
How do you change channels on a stock Axial AX radio/rec. therobesons Electronics 1 11-11-2010 04:24 PM