Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: I need your opinion!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default I need your opinion!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, I am currently building another Crawler and its going to have a 17 inch wheel base. I am looking for a pick up style body but when I see the tmaxx/savage sized bodies compared to the LST/Genesis size bodies I cant decide which will fit better.
The truck is Clod based with a 17 inch pimp cane chassis. I have the axle widening kit on it. I want the body to to give max clearance without losing to much in the appearance department.
I figure the smaller bodies will give great clearance but will be too much out of scale. The larger body might be too wide/long effecting clearance. Can someone who has seen this comparision with the smaller and larger based crawlers please respond?
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
MODERHATER™

I currently run a LST body on my clod and think it fits the 18" wb better than any of my maxx size bodies. And i did minimal trimming compared to what i've done to other bodies.

Last edited by 666; 09-23-2006 at 10:14 AM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Whats the clearance like and how much did you have to trim of off the body? Could you post a pic?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
MODERHATER™

This is what i have now... Lmk if u need other shots.
Attached Images

666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

thats exactly what I needed. that body would cover my whole chassis since its a 17 inch wb. does the width of that body cause any binds?
Old 09-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
thats exactly what I needed. that body would cover my whole chassis since its a 17 inch wb. does the width of that body cause any binds?
In my opinion the smaller maxx size bodies are the way to go. Both bodies are still short with that wheelbase but the narrower maxx bodies generally will require less trimming. It all depends on the exact body that you want. I have a home built version of the crawler stores stick chassis with a 17" wb and I run a pro-line 70 Ford F-100 body with minimal trimming and it is very low to the chassis. The body rubs but it flexes out of the way. I also have a pro-line rock pleazer mounted like JIA, CSR, & DTP's bodies and it never rubs. I don't have a digital camera yet so I can't post any pictures, sorry.
J Rock is offline   Reply With Quote