Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: chassis build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #1

Default chassis build

for those of you who are building your battery operated crawlers some of you might already know that i got this 1:6 scale hummer from my boss this thing is huge but i wanna make it a crawler posted some stuff on it in a post i put up. I want to know how long it took some of you to build your chassis , how long did it take to build your roll cage and your axles and other stuff from tamyia or tlt , or the clod buster how do you know what to build and know where to put your screw holes or do you buy eveything before had then build your chassis and roll cage . I am new to all this and dont know where to start if you could help me out that would be awsome .
beerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #2
I'm a stupid C U N T!

first of you need to descide what axles your going to use, for a 1/6 scale txt-1 of clods would be best (txt being more scale). dissasemble your truck and see how everything mounts to the body cause this will infulence your chassis design alot.

What i would do is get your axles together and set them under your body where you feel they look best, then based on your body detemine how long the chassis can be (prolly the length of the truck from the end of front fender to the begining of the rear fender), then using a ruler or even a peice of string start determining the length of your links, shorter will give you less articulation but more stability and visa/versa.

then you need to look at tranny mounts if using txt axles or similar and possible drive line angles, then find shock mounting locations that will give you ample flex but still leave the truck driveable.

Building a scale truck from scratch is no easy thing, to do it right will take you a good while. You may want to take a look at Double J's CXT build in scale section, hes doing its a 1/6 clod truck. He might give you some good ideas, also I think Project: Big Joe...
might give you some ideas as well.

Good luck.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #3

so his jeep is a 1:6 scale mine is that big @$$ hummer from the sourse or crap shack (raido shack) thanks there buddy
beerguy is offline   Reply With Quote