Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: need help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default need help please

Im wanting to replace the upper and lower plastic suspension and steering links on my SCX10 Honcho to alloy....My problem is when I shop around I see these items in many different lengths..Id like factory stock lengts as prebuilt from the factory..can anyone please give me the lengths im looking for to do this?????....I don't want to alter wheel base or change anything steering wise..Just 100% factory replacements in the same lengths...I have measuring calipers but in another state;so i don't have access to measure these for myself at this time but would like to order parts...Can someone help me please???

Last edited by 6sharky9; 09-03-2013 at 05:47 PM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Axial makes a kit fir around 56 bucks that has everything you need all links and hard wear fir what you want done, or just the steering they have a kit for that as well
racin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Check out near the bottom of this page. Some of the best, otherwise vanquish is one of the best to. http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/...6hn6cnmntbaoj3
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Re: need help please

thanks guys..but im looking for the actual lengths eye to eye so I can get some aftermarket pieces..i just don't know what to get because of so many different lengths advertised..I don't want a longer wheel base nor a shorter...just stock as it sits out of the box..its the rtr scx10 honcho with the silver body...I think I may know the stock steering link sizes as its the most common size ive been seeing with 135mm for the lower and 58mm for the upper but not 100 percent sure.

And can anyone tell me if going with aftermarket links; if it will allow more front suspension compression over stock???
Right now I get maybe half of my shocks compression because the frame hits the screw holding the upper link to the lower.

I looked at the manual but it only gives the tube length and not eye to eye as I would need to get the same lengths.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 09-03-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
thanks guys..but im looking for the actual lengths eye to eye so I can get some aftermarket pieces..i just don't know what to get because of so many different lengths advertised..I don't want a longer wheel base nor a shorter...just stock as it sits out of the box..its the rtr scx10 honcho with the silver body...I think I may know the stock steering link sizes as its the most common size ive been seeing with 135mm for the lower and 58mm for the upper but not 100 percent sure.

And can anyone tell me if going with aftermarket links; if it will allow more front suspension compression over stock???
Right now I get maybe half of my shocks compression because the frame hits the screw holding the upper link to the lower.

I looked at the manual but it only gives the tube length and not eye to eye as I would need to get the same lengths.
The AX80005-1 rod end is 12 mm from the end to the center of the eye.

For the lower honcho links (Stock)
Rear Eye to Eye: 106mm + 12mm + 12mm = 130mm
Front Eye to Eye: 98mm + 24mm = 122mm

Honcho 4-Link Upper links (Stock)
Rear Eye to Eye: 60mm + 35mm + 24mm = 119mm
Front Eye to Eye: 60mm + 25mm + 24mm = 109mm

I would check out the SCX10 links from R2j

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chass...-scx-10-a.html

Last edited by k7zpj; 09-03-2013 at 09:46 PM.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The kit axial sells for the honcho is 313mm wheelbase if I remember right and the package they are talking about is for the honcho and keeps its 100% the same just with metal instead of plastic
ssdub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

When I need info like this I download the manuals for the kits or parts and they will generally tell you. And by checking the manual you can check all the part numbers to buy things separately if you wish.

What kind of links do you want to buy??
Abrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj View Post
The AX80005-1 rod end is 12 mm from the end to the center of the eye.

For the lower honcho links (Stock)
Rear Eye to Eye: 106mm + 12mm + 12mm = 130mm
Front Eye to Eye: 98mm + 24mm = 122mm

Honcho 4-Link Upper links (Stock)
Rear Eye to Eye: 60mm + 35mm + 24mm = 119mm
Front Eye to Eye: 60mm + 25mm + 24mm = 109mm

I would check out the SCX10 links from R2j

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chass...-scx-10-a.html
That was a great help..ty very much.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrown83 View Post
When I need info like this I download the manuals for the kits or parts and they will generally tell you. And by checking the manual you can check all the part numbers to buy things separately if you wish.

What kind of links do you want to buy??
I looked in my manual that came with the truck but it only showed tube lengths and not eye to eye measurements including the ends..Some link sets ive seen use different ends like traxxas jato or some other heavier duty end so it was a little confusing for me...Thanks for your help
Old 09-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdub33 View Post
The kit axial sells for the honcho is 313mm wheelbase if I remember right and the package they are talking about is for the honcho and keeps its 100% the same just with metal instead of plastic

Yea..I saw the TR kit but I don't need all the hardware and extra parts..Just looking for the links with ends..On somewhat of a budget
so saving where I can to get more things..Thank you for helping.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #11

115mm to 120 mm depending on eyelet length if your going for a scaler look go 120 mm with a body that fits an emaxx that usually puts your wheels right below the crest of the wheel arches
Cranbrook1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #12

If your on a serious budget get electrical tape and go to your hardware store and pick up a narrow metal rod and cut it to fit and tape it to the side of your stock plastic links its worked out great on my dingo also, you really only need to reinforce the rear links the front dont really see as much stress as thr rear ones do.
Cranbrook1951 is offline   Reply With Quote