Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: RCModelex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default RCModelex

I'm really not certain if this is the place to post this or not, If not, please let me know so that I may do so in the future.
Has anyone ever dealt with RCModelex before? They seem to have some really trick stuff but they seem to be located far away. I placed an order for a D90 style bumper I really liked about three weeks ago and haven't seen it yet. They did send me a tracking number but the page seems to never be up and working. Not sure if I've been taken or not. Any feedback from someone who can vouch for them is appreciated.
tokdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RCModelex

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokdl View Post
I'm really not certain if this is the place to post this or not, If not, please let me know so that I may do so in the future.
Has anyone ever dealt with RCModelex before? They seem to have some really trick stuff but they seem to be located far away. I placed an order for a D90 style bumper I really liked about three weeks ago and haven't seen it yet. They did send me a tracking number but the page seems to never be up and working. Not sure if I've been taken or not. Any feedback from someone who can vouch for them is appreciated.
No experience with them, I see they only take PP. DO NOT let it go past the Paypal dispute time frame before filing for not receiving items ordered and paid for. Update us here how it works out, they have some nice looking parts.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

There's a guy in YouTube (Ray Wallace) who has a couple of their rigs. I think RC Modelex is located in the Czech Republic too so it might take a while to get.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I've always heard of RCModelex being very slow with their shipping times. I know that their truck kits take longer because they have to piece them together- they aren't "ready to ship". Keep an eye on it and as Natedog said, make sure the time frame does not exceed PayPal's policy.

Why didn't you just buy an RC4WD D90 from RC4WD or RPP? That's basically what you bought.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
I've always heard of RCModelex being very slow with their shipping times. I know that their truck kits take longer because they have to piece them together- they aren't "ready to ship". Keep an eye on it and as Natedog said, make sure the time frame does not exceed PayPal's policy.

Why didn't you just buy an RC4WD D90 from RC4WD or RPP? That's basically what you bought.
Scale Bumper | Scale bumper Defender | RCmodelex - specialized for RC rock crawling, trial and expeditions

I've seen RC4WD's and most of the other D style bumpers out there, thier's still can't match what I am looking for in a scale D90 bumper, this one is spot on and really looks fantastic IMO. I hadn't looked at RPP, if I had, I really don't remember who they are.

I'm hoping you guys are right about the time in posting delay, I'd like to order from them again if things turn out okay.

Thanks for the imput guys, I really appreciate it. I think I will at least advise the vendor that I will start a dispute before the time frame is up just to protect myself against a loss. It's a shame because I REALLY like this style bumper too.

Last edited by tokdl; 02-21-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

x2, RC4WD D90 or TF2 are sweet scale rigs, make me want to build one everytime I look at somebody else's thread!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

They are more "active" on scale4x4rc.org, they seem to be a reputable place to deal with, no one on the other site has ever complained about being ripped off.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
They are more "active" on scale4x4rc.org, they seem to be a reputable place to deal with, no one on the other site has ever complained about being ripped off.
This is really good to know! I will make my way to that site and poke a round a bit to see if I can find out more! I really want a D110 but sending over a grand I'm a bit concerend about seeing abut this order. Thanks so much!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokdl View Post
Scale Bumper | Scale bumper Defender | RCmodelex - specialized for RC rock crawling, trial and expeditions

I've seen RC4WD's and most of the other D style bumpers out there, thier's still can't match what I am looking for in a scale D90 bumper, this one is spot on and really looks fantastic IMO. I hadn't looked at RPP, if I had, I really don't remember who they are.

I'm hoping you guys are right about the time in posting delay, I'd like to order from them again if things turn out okay.

Thanks for the imput guys, I really appreciate it. I think I will at least advise the vendor that I will start a dispute before the time frame is up just to protect myself against a loss. It's a shame because I REALLY like this style bumper too.

Fair enough! After looking more into the D90 bumpers, it seems like RCModelex is the ONLY place, as of now, to get a front bumper. RPP is RPPHobby.com.

Keep an open mind and don't get too frustrated. Everything will be fine. If RCModelex can ship a $1500 kit in a acceptable amount of time, I'm sure they easily took care of your bumper.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Fair enough! After looking more into the D90 bumpers, it seems like RCModelex is the ONLY place, as of now, to get a front bumper. RPP is RPPHobby.com.

Keep an open mind and don't get too frustrated. Everything will be fine. If RCModelex can ship a $1500 kit in a acceptable amount of time, I'm sure they easily took care of your bumper.
You raise a very good point... I'm sure something as simple as a bumper would not benefit them in any way to take advantage of any one. I really appreciate the response and information everyone!

Oh and I have used RPPHobby.com in the past, I really didn't remember the name at first!

Last edited by tokdl; 02-21-2014 at 04:41 PM.

RCModelex - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMODELex questions jjwiggs Chit Chat 2 02-26-2013 09:11 PM
Rcmodelex bumpers babristow RC4WD Trail Finder 2 17 09-12-2012 01:42 AM
RCModelex Roof Rack tore.rasch.olsen@gma Scale Accessories 2 10-05-2010 06:08 AM
RCModelex Expedition 2009 Leprasol Scale Videos! 2 03-23-2009 08:35 AM