Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Max Climber VS Rock Buster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Max Climber VS Rock Buster

Before any body starts to flame me, I did some searching on the subject and didn't find the information I was looking for.

I am looking to by a TLT. From what I understand the two options are either the Max Climber or the Rock buster. From what I have read it sounds like either kit comes with the same axles, so after you are done with all the mods they are about the same trucks any way.

I plan on building one and not modding it right away. Is there any advantage to getting the Max Climber over the Rock buster. Does the stock Max Climber perform better or is it easier to mod than the Stock Rock buster. I will be doing the mods just not all at once and I want something that will rock crawl pretty well right out of the box.

Thanks for your opinion .
vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader
Before any body starts to flame me, I did some searching on the subject and didn't find the information I was looking for.

I am looking to by a TLT. From what I understand the two options are either the Max Climber or the Rock buster. From what I have read it sounds like either kit comes with the same axles, so after you are done with all the mods they are about the same trucks any way.

I plan on building one and not modding it right away. Is there any advantage to getting the Max Climber over the Rock buster. Does the stock Max Climber perform better or is it easier to mod than the Stock Rock buster. I will be doing the mods just not all at once and I want something that will rock crawl pretty well right out of the box.

Thanks for your opinion .

other than body they should be Identical at this point, the older rockk busters came with a thinner axle shaft at the at the neck to the knuckle axle. most now should have the beefier axle in the kits.

go with the rock buster

I believe the best price is from ultimate hobbies for 69.00 shipped
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
Keep it real

With the Maxclimber you can run a regular stick pack, with the rockbuster you have to run Tamiyas funny shaped battery, if you are running it stock. The Maxclimber does cost 139.00 though.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i got a rock buster and ran it stock for a couple of weeks while waiting on my tracer kit. i ran a regular stick pack and just strapped it on top of the frame, so you dont need the special pack although its easier. the newer rock busters should have the upgraded axle shafts. if i were gonna run it stock for awhile id go max climber, it does have the stick battery holder and the black chassis plates, although the body and the wheel color i dont care too much for.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
other than body they should be Identical at this point, the older rockk busters came with a thinner axle shaft at the at the neck to the knuckle axle. most now should have the beefier axle in the kits.

go with the rock buster

I believe the best price is from ultimate hobbies for 69.00 shipped
yeah what he said!
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex
yeah what he said!
yea what he said
MaXX_CrAWlER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #7