Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: A Tlt ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #1

Smile A Tlt ?

I have a question Im new to the rc crawling community. I like the sport of rockcrawling. I have a nylint 1/6 but i kept on breaking it and had a hard time to find parts so I want something better. If i get a TLT kit from http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p609.html then that would come with tires, wheels, chassie, axles, tires, but i would need a motor and electronics right.??

If i get that kit I would build it stock until i get money to get upgrades (wheels, tires, pede tranny, and possible chassie)

well i will stop talking now since you are probly sick of reading my post.. Thanks

Would i get a Am or Fm reciever http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXCFW2**&P=0
or a FM please give me options THANKS
mudbog04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Yes, the TLT comes with everything you need except an ESC, TX, and RX. It does come with a motor, but a really cheap crappy one. For a TLT, I'd reccommend a Moped V16R ESC, and a TQ3 radio. I don't think it matters if the radio is AM or FM.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #3

thanks for the reply. Is that all i would need is a radio and a esc to get it running?? if not ive researched ultamite hobbies about the kit but i cant find what i need to get one running.. Thanks again

is http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-T-MAXX-3-3-2...QQcmdZViewItem a good deal.. I dont know and i found a price of a moped V16R ESC http://cgi.ebay.com/MOPED-V16R-Plus-...ayphotohosting

what is a TX, and RX

im a NEWB LOL

Last edited by mudbog04; 11-27-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbog04
thanks for the reply. Is that all i would need is a radio and a esc to get it running?? if not ive researched ultamite hobbies about the kit but i cant find what i need to get one running.. Thanks again

is http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-T-MAXX-3-3-2...QQcmdZViewItem a good deal.. I dont know and i found a price of a moped V16R ESC http://cgi.ebay.com/MOPED-V16R-Plus-...ayphotohosting

what is a TX, and RX

im a NEWB LOL
Radio and ESC is all you need. I would reccommend getting a 55 turn motor, though. Its about 37863476 times better than the motor it comes with. The radio you posted is a ok price, but if you wait, you could probably find one for about $25. As for the price of the Moped, thats an AWSOME price. I paid $40 for mine. I'd get that one before its gone! TX is transmitter, and RX is reciever for the radio.

To learn some of the most popular RCC acronyms, look here acronym dictionary needed .
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbog04
If i get that kit I would build it stock until i get money to get upgrades (wheels, tires, pede tranny, and possible chassie)
Yes, if you lock the diffs and get a better motor you will be surprised at what you can do. There are also a bunch of other tricks/tips in the sticky on the TLT forum.

I am just about to start my build thread so watch for it.

good luck.

matt
cincy
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

New chassis ISNT needed. I would just hack up the stock one, make some cheap links yourself or buy some. Then run some 2.2s.
Then you really like it get some nicer links if you wish, and a chassis from a vendor for an avg of 50 bucks!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #7

thank you guys/girls. I dont have an ebay account or money so i cant get the parts right now but i was jw aboout how much the esc and the radio go for. thanks for all the help again.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

_Jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jason_
And your a what????

This is the newbie section.

He asked a legitimate question, posted it is the correct section, and is corresponding w/ those who are trying to help him.

What seems to be the problem?

Last edited by dezfan; 11-27-2006 at 06:08 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:13 PM   #10

Don't forget a good servo for the steering.
redneckracer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #11

Hey Jason im not trying to be mean or anything but becasue i put this in the right section and i dont know as much stuff as you probly, so you dont need to flame me becasue i dont know. I posted in the newb section..... Im not mad im just hate being flamed for doing something right..

Redneckracer-- what would you recommend for a good servo.. Somewhat low budget becasue im only 15.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

A very good affordable servo is the Hitec 645.

For a little more power and a great price, try a Tower Pro MG 995.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
Yes, the TLT comes with everything you need except an ESC, TX, and RX. It does come with a motor, but a really cheap crappy one.
According to Ultimate it doesnt include a motor at all.
"Requires Tamiya TLT-1 Battery Pack, Radio System, Electronic Speed Control, Charger and Motor"

I know mine didnt come with one.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

hey, not to hi-jack your thread.....
i had a question about the moped esc.... in the specs it says 10-36 turns, can you use these with the 55turn lathe motors?
i'm a newb when it comes to electronics, turns, bmps, etc.... lol.
(no flaming me... i'll tell johnny)
aint scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

btw, the tlt tires suck.
aint scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #16

i know the tlt tires suck but i just wnat to get it up and runninng. So does it need a motor or not.

I would also like to know about the turns and can run or not run with a 55t lathe motor.. Thanks
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

According to Tamiya.com,the TLT Rock Buster parts list has the motor included.I've built 2 TLT's and don't remember if there was a motor or not.Wasn't really looking for one either since I had a 55t already to install.The Moped esc will handle a 55t with no problem.I have one and it works fine.Make sure you get the 1/10th scale Moped and not the 1/18th one.
72Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

The TLT kit DOES NOT include a motor. You will need to provide one for the truck.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #19

Ok thanks for the information and i will make sure to get the moped esc for the 1/10 scale and not the 1/18th scale. This may sound like a newb because thats what I am but i was wondering if the 55t motor has enough power to go like through some snow, light mud and rocks i mean nothing to sink it or anything just like in a few puddles if thats ok for them or not because i have never had a hobby grade crawler . My last cawler was a 1/6 nylint modded out... and i was sick of breaking stuff so i dont know how tuff these are .... Thanks for all of your help.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I've been wanting to get rid of my Nylint also. The front axle broke 2 weeks ago, and I can't find the broken part...it sux.

So I have decided to go to HG crawlers. Lookin at a TLT-1 kit myself. I'll be lookin foward to your build thread mrpink...good luck. I plan on starting mine after the holidays.

Last edited by Ebach; 11-28-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Ebach is offline   Reply With Quote