Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Is this same parts with original Axial SCX10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Is this same parts with original Axial SCX10?

Fully CNC Metal Electric 1 10 Scale RC Remote Control Rock Crawler MRC10 SCX10 | eBay

Just surf ebay, found this. Is this same like original Axial SCX10? Can I use those parts to upgrade my own scx10?
Herymet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Is this same parts with original Axial SCX10?

Looks like the parts might fit, but I dowt they would be an upgrade.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herymet View Post
Fully CNC Metal Electric 1 10 Scale RC Remote Control Rock Crawler MRC10 SCX10 | eBay

Just surf ebay, found this. Is this same like original Axial SCX10? Can I use those parts to upgrade my own scx10?
I would be careful with parts like that. Yes, they look cool, but can be more of a headache in the long run. Sometimes they're poorly engineered, so fit and function isn't real great, or they don't work at all!

If you're looking for upgrade parts for your SCX10, there are a lot of really great vendors here on RCC that produce and/or sell well engineered, well made upgrade parts for the SCX10. If you have not done so, you can become a supporting member for $20 a year, and that will give instant access to the classifieds. You can usually find good, new and used stock and upgrade parts for other RCC members.
At minimum, check out the vendors section on the forum. You'll find some really nice stuff!
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

For that price you could have a pimped out scx10 with quality parts.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Unhappy Re: Is this same parts with original Axial SCX10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
I would be careful with parts like that. Yes, they look cool, but can be more of a headache in the long run. Sometimes they're poorly engineered, so fit and function isn't real great, or they don't work at all!

If you're looking for upgrade parts for your SCX10, there are a lot of really great vendors here on RCC that produce and/or sell well engineered, well made upgrade parts for the SCX10. If you have not done so, you can become a supporting member for $20 a year, and that will give instant access to the classifieds. You can usually find good, new and used stock and upgrade parts for other RCC members.
At minimum, check out the vendors section on the forum. You'll find some really nice stuff!
You mean the parts might be not so accurate?This is also what i am worry about.I asked some people about the whole upgrade parts cost.. that is really a lot, which i can not afford. So i am hopping this car maybe can be used for my upgrading. And i would like to try brushless system on that...But as you said, might not run long....
Old 10-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

looks like a vast waste of money. Just get a normal scx-10 kit and put on upgrades.

Money that could be better spent on driveline upgrades, aluminum knuckles and hubs, CVD front axle shafts, maybe a better servo, better tires, maybe even a better motor and ESC, etc. and you'd still come out cheaper buying those upgrades that actually increase durablity too.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
For that price you could have a pimped out scx10 with quality parts.
very well put, I think I've got about $5-600in my G6 kit and its pretty tricked out, and some of the parts that I have arent needed (dig, CVD axle shafts, metal internal transmission gears, and tires) and have a great kit.

I wouldnt want that "CNC" kit, that a lot more weight, and most of it is up higher above the axles.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
looks like a vast waste of money. Just get a normal scx-10 kit and put on upgrades.

Money that could be better spent on driveline upgrades, aluminum knuckles and hubs, CVD front axle shafts, maybe a better servo, better tires, maybe even a better motor and ESC, etc. and you'd still come out cheaper buying those upgrades that actually increase durablity too.

+1

If you have that kind of money to spend on upgrades, get upgrades that are going to make a difference. Like I said, there are a ton of great vendors on rccrawler. Take a look at what they have to offer!

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Pretty new to the crawler game thus far, tho seeing all that bling makes me nerves.
As stated several times above, poor fit is near inevitable.
I started building my scx10 a piece at a time a few months back, 95% vanquish and rc4wd.
I'm aware the name wont change performance one bit but I like the dust silver finish.
A few hot racing parts as well.
Just a new member but I would avoid anything like that , unless it was never leaving the shelf.
billy bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bones View Post
Pretty new to the crawler game thus far, tho seeing all that bling makes me nerves.
As stated several times above, poor fit is near inevitable.
I started building my scx10 a piece at a time a few months back, 95% vanquish and rc4wd.
I'm aware the name wont change performance one bit but I like the dust silver finish.
A few hot racing parts as well.
Just a new member but I would avoid anything like that , unless it was never leaving the shelf.
Which parts did you change?
And roughly cost?
I am worry about both the parts and cost..
And also i want to use brushless, so i think should be strong enough.