Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to crawling and everything related to it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #1

Default new to crawling and everything related to it

hello everyone! Im new here and new to the crawling world and I was wondering how I am able to start and how much is it going to cost me in total and annually for repairs. I am not new to rc's though, Ive been rallying and drifting for around a year and I know my way around an average car, so any info would help me alot. Thank you.
sof220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

haha ur gay.....um..so..yuri....WHY did u decide to do crawling....is it maybe cuz i told u to over MSN or is it cuz u want to jk man...yea..it will cost u under 1 grand..or more..depending on ur driving skills..if u dont break to many parts

PS...u can start by getting a chassis from ur lhs that has solid axles..4wd of course..or go to thecrawlerstore...the banner on your top rite corner or ur screen if u scroll up..and u can get all the parts form there too
jrdk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Welcome to RCC!

what type of rockcrawler do you plan on building?
JRmudmanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My best advice is to start reading all the stickies and look through the different builds. Get an idea of what direction you want to go.

Price range $250 (if you have stuff to start with) to skies the limit. Really
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #5

mmh, the bruisers here look nice and real looking but their discontunied (sp?) is ther anything thats almost like it? and what stuff do i need to start up? cause right now i have a extra hitech digital servo, hitech receiver and transmitter a 6 cell battery pack can i use those things?
sof220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

there really isnt dude..um...try going to where i suggested u to go to....lol...get a chassis or complete truck from there
jrdk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sof220
mmh, the bruisers here look nice and real looking but their discontunied (sp?) is ther anything thats almost like it? and what stuff do i need to start up? cause right now i have a extra hitech digital servo, hitech receiver and transmitter a 6 cell battery pack can i use those things?
The Tamiya Hilift F350 is probably the closest thing you'll find to a Bruiser (without actually buying a used Bruiser, Hilux, Mountaneer, etc). And with the servo, rx, tx, and battery that you all ready have, the kit would really be all that you need to be off and running. The truck sells for about $350+.
As for annual $'s needed, it depends on how hard are you on the stuff. Check out the scale section on here. There are a LOT of Hilift build going on.

Otherwise a TLT might be what you're looking for for a good crawler. Again, check out the TLT section for info and ideas. A running TLT will run you $200-300 with the stuff you all ready have. And can go upwards from there. I've got about $500-600 in one of my TLT's. And as for annual $'s... Again, it depends on how hard you are on them. Broken axles, knuckles, driveshafts, gears, new tires, more batteries, etc...
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote