Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New guy with vaterra ascender blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default New guy with vaterra ascender blazer

Hey guys. I'm new to scale crawlers and rc in general really. I got a new ready to run blazer kit and absolutely love it! Been watching a lot of YouTube videos and been cruising the internet for info and tips on them. I'm looking at getting bead lock wheels and some softer tires to help with rock traction. I'm not going to be much of a mud big guy, but I've got literally tons of loose dirt and round smooth rocks in my yard to climb. So what do you recommend for a good 1.9 tire and foam set up.

Also just for fun, I see some trucks have winches on them. Some look like real warn winches and some look like a steering servo with a spool on it. Cost wise and fabrication wise what does it take to do the servo style winch?

Thanks in advance !
Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New guy with vaterra ascender blazer

You bouth yourself a real nice kit! Im thinking of buying one so my brother can join on trailrides
For foams i recomend CI foams, just bouth my first set and im really happy with them.

Tire choise boils down to personal preference, i got the rc4wd irok 1.9 and proline superswampers sx, and love both. Pittbull also makes great tires, gonna order a sett of them for my yeti.
Rcdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The truck was a birthday present so that makes it even better! I should have asked what site or vendor is good for buying tires price wise and selection. My local hobby shop is kind of limited to what they have on hand in the store. I need a tire that'll get some sidewall flex and grip the rocks. The foams I. The stock tires seem too stiff.

I have 5 life size blazers, two pickups, and a suburban so this thing just cracks me up how much fun it is to off road it!
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Rpp hobby. Pitbulls are nice, I have a set of madbeasts. I like the r35 treps, but they suck in the wet. Pl tsl swampers are awesome all round, but can be a bitch on beadlocks. If you have patience, get the ottsix klr, there's some threads in the tires/wheels section.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote

New guy with vaterra ascender blazer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Testing the vaterra ascender k-5 blazer part 1 TAFF1969 Scale Videos! 2 06-24-2015 05:33 AM
Vaterra K5 Blazer Ascender - First Test Run eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-09-2015 01:55 AM
Vaterra ascender K5 blazer in snow and some crawling Volvospede Scale Videos! 0 11-28-2014 01:49 AM