Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Rear dig system???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Rear dig system???

Hey guys once again I'm digging for info and not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm going to be looking for a gear box before long so I'm looking now. I've tried looking in this forum and I'm finding a lot on front dig units (Awesome concept btw). Has anyone tried using a rear dig system? I won't be doing comps with this rig. So I like the idea of having rear axle 2wd with 4wd at the flip of a switch. So what are some good brand digs? Quick search found a lot of integy stuff and not much else. I prefer to stay away from integy since the rest of my running gear is vanquish Currie stuff.

Thanks
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Default Re: Rear dig system???

Turn the skid around. But 2WD is pointless.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm not looking to impress anyone, and it'd be there if I ever wanted to do front dig. But thanks nevertheless.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:04 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

RC4WD had or has a dual dig transmission. Losi did it in their Comp Crawler. MOA trucks do too, usually. It's for sure effective. But two wheel drive is again, pointless.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:56 AM   #5
RCC Addict

2WD is by no means "pointless". It's all about scale realism!
When I was in the army driving a Volvo 903 2WD was the standard mode while running on road. Minimized drag which maximized speed, acceleration and fuel economy.
On slippery roads we engaged the 4WD, and when going off road we also switched to low gear mode.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:53 AM   #6
MODERATOR™

It's an RC, not real size. I've got a Tamaya Hi-Lift with a RC4WD dig tranny in it that disengages the front. Can even lock the front and fail at burnouts. It was cool for about three minutes.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:08 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

What type of rig?
firstpasstommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

It be a wraith rig I'm putting together from the ground up. I don't mind pointless stuff. To be honest, someone could easily say spending this amount of money on something I can't use to better my career like tools is "pointless". Yet here we are, spending money on a hobby for enjoyment. I don't mind hearing opinions, but as stated earlier, this isn't a comp vehicle, and I doubt I'll ever be in one unless I move to an area more populated with RC drivers. And I don't have the super hardcore terrain that most of you have readily available so 2wd would give me a better challenge.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #9
RCC Addict

2WD is most certainly useless as already stated, you'll just be switching into 4wd anytime you go up slightly uphill or encounter a small rock to climb. I think you're just gonna spend a lot of time on a novelty thing that will wear off after 5 minutes of trying it out, It just doesn't work like the 1:1 does. I think you'd be better off just putting open diffs in it and leaving it 4wd if you want a challenge. Kind of like a Traxxas Telluride.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I agree with everyone else on here. Sure it sounds fun. But for the effort of your "novelty" it's stupid.
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

engineer something or keep researching, its your ride as pointless as it may seem to others do what you want to do. i'm all for being original and doing things nobody agrees with, fail or not! keep on keepin on!
DirtyChevy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rear dig system??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear steering vs DIG system ? hemdale G-Made Crawlers 19 11-29-2016 05:12 AM
VF/DNA DIG system for AX10 - where can I buy this system????? DK Driver Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 09-07-2008 04:24 PM
DIG QUESTION: ???4wd/REAR FREE WHEEL/Rear Locked??? RCholic General Crawlers 4 11-14-2007 08:42 PM