Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Need help for a project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Default Need help for a project

Hey guys do you know the video game the crew? Well there's a mod called RAID spec's, it's more than off-road rally it's a kind of baja convertion. So I am looking for a way to convert a tc4 with a solid axles at the rear without have to customized to much my ford mustang gt Bodyshell... If you have any ideas let me know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7XiUx9sJho
pouliotf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Need help for a project

i think this may be the wrong forum (;
try the pc sim racing section in chit chat tho
microcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #3

Well I am not wrong the convertion that I want to do is a kind of yéti like a rock racer convertion...
independent front suspension, solid at the rear 1.55 wheels and tire... I might be wrong but it's a rock racer...
pouliotf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Well, first off I had to google what a tc4 was... not being in the rc scene for a minute, only doing crawler stuff , not up to date as to what is out there!

The tc4 from associated looks like a sweet car, just not sure its what you want to start with for this build. I did notice its shaft driven, which would make it fairly easy to hook up to a center mounted trans with a driveshaft. Not sure if the front ifs setup would be up to par handling the longer travel an offroad conversion would require? And what is the gear ratio of the front diff/gearbox? How difficult is it going to be to find a solid rear axle with the same ratio, or, can you modify the ratio to match? What is the track width of the frontend and can you find a solid rear that matches, you can always narrow a solid axle to the same width to solve that though, or wheels with more/less backspacing.

The only thing I see from this rig that may work on your project is the front end, the chassis is not optimal due to poor ground clearance, and would be difficult to adapt a solid axle and suspension to it, so a custom chassis would be recommended.

If you have the spare parts floating around to attempt such a build it may be fun to try, but I wouldnt pull apart a running/functional car to attempt it. Probably be better off selling it and purchasing a car/chassis more suited to what you want your finished product to be and going from there.

Not saying it isnt possible, just not sure its the best route to go. Good luck with your build, hope it all comes together for ya!

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk
JBcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help for a project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt Prime Axial SCX-10 211 01-07-2017 09:53 AM