Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Motor, esc hooking up: reverse and controller 2 questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #1

Default Motor, esc hooking up: reverse and controller 2 questions

1st. I have a dynamite 55 turn motor, flysky gt2e controller and whatever receiver comes with it, and a wp 60afwd/rev brushed esc. I've got it all hooked up but I'm not sure how to go in reverse? I don't know how to attach a picture but the controller has St. Rev, which just makes it to where fwd is pushing the trigger and it turns the tires to the left(which doesn't make sense), it has a button that says bind( no idea), TH Rev, which I'm assuming says throttle reverse which also makes it where it pushes the trigger to move and it has steering trim, throttle trim, and St Dr which I don't know what that means. How do I get reverse in this or does it even have it?

2nd. I also have a sidewinder sv3 esc, an integy 35t motor, and the above controller etc. And I'm using a reaction 4000mah lipo battery right now. I'm not sure how to hook this up at all. I can soder it but I'm not sure what to hook up. Does someone have a diagram or something that I can use to hook it up? The esc has 3 holes which I guess is for the motor but I can't tell what hooks up to what.
EZGoing486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Motor, esc hooking up: reverse and controller 2 questions

On the sidewinder the two outer holes are used for brushed motors it don't matter what way you put them . You can change them around if it's backwards. The middle hole is only used for brushless motor.
351Beno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #3

Thanks I didn't know that. Do I just leave the center on alone? Or do I need to cap it?
Old 12-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351Beno View Post
On the sidewinder the two outer holes are used for brushed motors it don't matter what way you put them . You can change them around if it's backwards. The middle hole is only used for brushless motor.
×2 I've had the sidewinder esc and that's how I had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGoing486 View Post
Thanks I didn't know that. Do I just leave the center on alone? Or do I need to cap it?
Just leave it

Quote:
1st. I have a dynamite 55 turn motor, flysky gt2e controller and whatever receiver comes with it, and a wp 60afwd/rev brushed esc. I've got it all hooked up but I'm not sure how to go in reverse? I don't know how to attach a picture but the controller has St. Rev, which just makes it to where fwd is pushing the trigger and it turns the tires to the left(which doesn't make sense), it has a button that says bind( no idea), TH Rev, which I'm assuming says throttle reverse which also makes it where it pushes the trigger to move and it has steering trim, throttle trim, and St Dr which I don't know what that means. How do I get reverse in this or does it even have it?
maybe if you Google your transmitter you can find a pdf manual to download. That will have all the information you'll need if that doesn't work then you can post again on what you've tried so people can eliminate possible problems

Last edited by THX_138; 01-01-2016 at 08:24 PM.
srivera00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:03 PM   #5

Thank y'all! Here's a picture of the motor. Where do I connect the wires to?
http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...psfqouapsz.jpg

Alright I'll look for it. It didn't come with instructions so I'm just guessing haha Now I just need to get to work!

Last edited by THX_138; 01-01-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Thank y'all! Here's a picture of the motor. Where do I connect the wires to?
http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...psfqouapsz.jpg
On the top and bottom there are 2 flat spots for the wires from the esc just solder 1 wire to each side as long as you have the motor oriented like the picture. Look at the motor if there isn't a positive and negative marking I don't think the wires need to be a certain way. Hope that helps
srivera00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Motor, esc hooking up: reverse and controller 2 questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hooking up motor Fanfor88 Electronics 5 04-17-2012 10:47 AM
micro esc with reverse for brushed motor??? S3K7 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 20 03-29-2010 01:22 PM
hooking up motor to my ESC Martin B. Electronics 3 03-17-2009 12:04 PM
couple questions after hooking up cc bec madmaxxed Electronics 1 04-10-2008 07:10 PM