Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: My First Crawler..Did I make the Right Choice...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #1

Default My First Crawler..Did I make the Right Choice...

Alright, I have made the jump into rockcrawlers. I just ordered a Stick Roller Bundle from The Crawler Store. I am nervous but excited cause I dont know how i am going to like crawlers. They look awesome just I hope i have fun with it .Did I make the right choice..The stick seems to be one of the top crawlers in its class. There are so many choices it seems.

If There any tips I should know right away or words of advice I would really appreciate it..There is so much information on the forum I cant stop reading. I am looking forward to have lots of fun with this thing.

i plan on using
2 Lathe 45T motors
Super Rooster ESC
TP 3s 11.1v 2100 Lipo pack..( would be nice if i could use my TREX 600 TP 6S 5000mah pack..)
Thanks
Justin

Last edited by locktite; 01-16-2007 at 11:38 PM.
locktite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #2

One other thing, being I am in NJ, anyone have an idea when I should be arriving my kit from The Crawler Store. My order was placed Wednesday 17..Cant wait to get it..

Thanks
Justin
Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have ordered the rtr bundle from the thecrawlerstore and the work that goes into the backbone and electronic plates are really nice. if you look in the video section of this forum you will find some stick chassis vid's.

And here is some pictures of them built up.
Post pictures of your stick chassis here The stick has won many comp's but it really does depend on the skill of the driver and the setup you will have

regards

james
Moondust1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

might just be me but without gear reduction and only 45t motors I would think 3s packs are going to put you running about 15mph, I would drop down to 2s packs and maybe up to 55 turns. But what do I know
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #5

Cant seem to find anywhere that has Lathe 55T motors in stock..
Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Wow Lipo's on your first crawler? If your running Lipo's why not run the BL system?

As far as buying the stick you have made the best choice. I'm sure you will not be nervous about buying your crawler after you see what you can do with it. My friend just bought one also .

Don't forget the servos, 2 cause the steering radius without rear steer will be a headache in its self. I'm still learning how to wire it up for Indy rear. :-(

Glad you have found the world of crawling.

If you want pm me when your done we can hit the scarce amount of rocks in Jersey together .

{ EDIT } Just saw your post about the 55's , Try this LHS www.crispycrittershobbyshop.com if they don't have something they will order it for you . Good bunch of guys. Or call 973-790-3800.

Last edited by PROTOTYPE; 01-17-2007 at 10:23 AM.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #7

Prototype, hows it going.. I guess you know Ryan (JCFD)..I was thinking brushless but dont see to many people using them. Lipos are the way to go for electric. I work at Crispy Critters and at this time all the distrubters are out of stock on all lathe motors besides the 45T..Pretty soon there should be a few more people with crawlers in the area..Should be fun

Justin
Old 01-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

check rcpcrawlers.com
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote