Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Beef Tubes Beef Patties Hex Style or SLW?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Beef Tubes Beef Patties Hex Style or SLW?

I am confused, currently I have SLW hubs in my Axial Wraith now and loved them. But in my humble opinion the SLW Beef Pattiers is only add rotation weight? ( Correctly me if I am wrong ) So, I am thinking, can I use Beef Patties Hex style instead of Beef Patties SLW???
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #2

Default Re: Beef Tubes Beef Patties Hex Style or SLW?

Generally speaking non rotational weight is better than rotational weight. If I read you question correctly you want to add weight correct? My suggestions is the less rotational weight the better, it keeps stress off your drive line which equals a more efficient motor. If your looking for more weight, beef tubes or the beef tips. In my crawler, scx. I run beef tubes and melted solder in between the brass and plastic housing to add more weight down low and skipped all the rotational weight options
jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper View Post
Generally speaking non rotational weight is better than rotational weight. If I read you question correctly you want to add weight correct? My suggestions is the less rotational weight the better, it keeps stress off your drive line which equals a more efficient motor. If your looking for more weight, beef tubes or the beef tips. In my crawler, scx. I run beef tubes and melted solder in between the brass and plastic housing to add more weight down low and skipped all the rotational weight options

Thank you Jumper. Yes, I want to add weight. As far as I know the Vanquish AR60 KNUCKLE WEIGHTS ( http://www.vanquishproducts.com/ar60-knuckle-weights/ )
are non rotational weight system. I would like to run beef tubes in my Wraith, but also would like to try out Beef Patties.

It seem the Beef Patties SLW is rotational weight system?? and the Beef Patties Hex style is non rotational weight system???
Old 02-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'm currently in a similar situation. I am currently making a Wroncho, it's Wraith axles on a SCX10 chassis. So when I went looking for knuckle weight I also saw the Beef Patties. Both styles of beef patties are rotating mass. But they conform to Scale rules (SORRCA Rules), knuckle weights that bolt onto the knuckles do not. I would deffinately go for the Beef Tubes. Other drivers have told me they add weight and improve the strength of the axle housing. If you don't have to worry about any scale rules, then also check into bolt on knuckle weight or weighted knuckles like the ones from Dlux.
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopernator View Post
I'm currently in a similar situation. I am currently making a Wroncho, it's Wraith axles on a SCX10 chassis. So when I went looking for knuckle weight I also saw the Beef Patties. Both styles of beef patties are rotating mass. But they conform to Scale rules (SORRCA Rules), knuckle weights that bolt onto the knuckles do not. I would deffinately go for the Beef Tubes. Other drivers have told me they add weight and improve the strength of the axle housing. If you don't have to worry about any scale rules, then also check into bolt on knuckle weight or weighted knuckles like the ones from Dlux.
Thank you Boopernator for taking time to reply me and all these details information ( Your explanation cleared all my confusion ) Now, I know all these beef patties slw and hex style are rotational weight system.

Thank you once again here Boopernator and Jumper

Beef Tubes Beef Patties Hex Style or SLW? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beeftubes beef patties... twisted Axial SCX-10 0 10-30-2016 05:34 PM