Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Hello All

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hello All

Hello,

This site looks active, I like that. After looking over the RC truck offers, great stuff out here.

I like and want to get into a scale/performance type of crawler.

So I will ask what are opinions of the Cross product line, generally speaking. I am eyeballing the PG-4A 4WD 1/10 Rock Crawler Kit.

Thanks in advance,
Pep
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hello All

People say they look great but the drive train doesn't hold up. Something weak in the axles I believe. I recomend buying a chassis kit from someone else and a rc4wd or killerbody hard body

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:55 PM   #3

I'm also new here welcome to the both of us mate.I hope we enjoy the community and we learn from each other.
JamesReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:49 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The reviews I’ve seen on the Cross crawlers are mixed. Awesome scale looks, a lot of scale features, and generally pretty well put together. Drive Train seems to be the weak point. Specifically, the primary complaint is slop within the drive train. There are several good reviews on youtube on these rigs. To me, they seem to be a bit on the pricey side as well versus other, better known and supported options.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
The reviews I’ve seen on the Cross crawlers are mixed. Awesome scale looks, a lot of scale features, and generally pretty well put together. Drive Train seems to be the weak point. Specifically, the primary complaint is slop within the drive train. There are several good reviews on youtube on these rigs. To me, they seem to be a bit on the pricey side as well versus other, better known and supported options.

That's fine, certainly welcome to have an opinion, see it differently. I notice the "better known and supported", go north of the Cross kits, eventually .

Pretty sure the better known and supported will have their share of mixed reviews.

Can not speak to slop within the drive train, as I am building. However I can say, if there is a load of slop, as with any machine, tuning will solve that. Just like the better known and supported rigs.
pep
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote