Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Questions

Hi y'all forgive me this may be a dumb question but I took the motor and esc from my VS4-10 Ultra and put it in my wraith. Its a cheapie from goolrc a 3500kv waterproof brushless motor and esc combo. Now I unhooked it when I did the swap and when I got done turned on my wraith what was forward is now reverse and same with steering. I've set my transmitter to fix this but I now have a lot more power and speed in reverse and nill in forward.

Also just noticed this today my esc is getting really really hot. I've been using a NiMah battery and just switched to a 5200MH 2s 50c lipo. I took the fan off I'm guessing it should be put back on now that I've got plenty of juice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
TwiztidDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Questions

You need to provide more detail on the motor/ESC otherwise it is anyone's guess.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:22 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
You need to provide more detail on the motor/ESC otherwise it is anyone's guess.
Not sure what information you need. I purchased the motor/esc on ebay for like $50. It's made by GoolRC its 3500kv brushless sensor less crawler motor and esc combo. Don't really know anything else about it I put it in my VS4-10 Ultra when I got it. Decided to move it to my wraith and everything is backwards literally the speed and power i had in forward is now in reverse

Old 05-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I see 2 options for you.

1) Switch any 2 of the motor leads to reverse the motor rotation an "un-reverse" the switch on your Tx.
(you can always swap the motor leads on UNsensored brushless, don't ever do it on a SENSORED system though)

2) Figure how your ESC is calibrated and do that.

#1 is likely the easiest.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I see 2 options for you.

1) Switch any 2 of the motor leads to reverse the motor rotation an "un-reverse" the switch on your Tx.
(you can always swap the motor leads on UNsensored brushless, don't ever do it on a SENSORED system though)

2) Figure how your ESC is calibrated and do that.

#1 is likely the easiest.
Thanks Queso I did number 1 and switched the blue and red wires. On the receiver they are color coded on the motor they are all black. Switching them around worked perfectly. Thanks!!!

Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! Axle questions/ Diff questions DirtyChevy45 Axial Wraith 17 08-06-2020 09:17 AM
lipo questions with charger questions can you all help champ198 Electronics 16 05-02-2013 01:24 PM
lipo questions with charger questions can you all help champ198 Electronics 0 04-30-2013 05:54 PM
Few questions Entropy98 Newbie General 3 01-10-2010 11:48 AM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM