Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: RC crawling spots in AZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #1

Default RC crawling spots in AZ

I can’t believe this isn’t covered elsewhere, but my searches haven’t turned up what I’m looking for.

I am in the Chandler/Gilbert area near Phoenix, AZ. I have been to Hole-in-the-Wall, and that was a hoot! Loved the way the tires hooked up. I’m interested in other areas. Falcon Hill looks pretty fun.

I have heard a lot about Mini Moab near Apache Junction, and seen a bunch of videos. What I haven’t seen is where it is. Does anyone have a list of spots that includes spots like this, and directions or coordinates?

I do not have a Facebook account.

Thanks.

P.S. My rig is a Vanquish VS4-10 Ultra, and my son has a Traxxas TRX-4. I also have a Cross Mammoth, flagship edition.
Megavolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RC crawling spots in AZ

Falcon Hill is about 5 minutes from me. It's a great spot. Lines forever & as hard as you want them to be. It's in town & very easy to get to. Phon D Sutton recreation area at the Salt river is fun. It's just north of Mesa on Bush Highway. Just follow Power Road up. You'll need to pay for a recreation pass. Mini Moab is on the way to Canyon Lake. You can park in the Needle Vista parking lot & then walk across the highway to Mini. It's a great spot with tons of lines as well. A little further up the highway is Badlands. Even more lines up there. You should really set up a facebook account just for crawling. That's where everyone posts about runs. 480 r/c is about the most active group & people are setting up runs daily. AZ hardliners is pretty active too.
Bob_in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_in az View Post
Falcon Hill is about 5 minutes from me. It's a great spot. Lines forever & as hard as you want them to be. It's in town & very easy to get to. Phon D Sutton recreation area at the Salt river is fun. It's just north of Mesa on Bush Highway. Just follow Power Road up. You'll need to pay for a recreation pass. Mini Moab is on the way to Canyon Lake. You can park in the Needle Vista parking lot & then walk across the highway to Mini. It's a great spot with tons of lines as well. A little further up the highway is Badlands. Even more lines up there. You should really set up a facebook account just for crawling. That's where everyone posts about runs. 480 r/c is about the most active group & people are setting up runs daily. AZ hardliners is pretty active too.
I know this is a little older post but sounds like some great spots to check out on my trip to Chandler. Hopefully I can find somehow to get to one of these places.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:24 PM   #4

Yuma, Az just east of town (32.668014,-114.379933). Mostly run trail rigs here. I am still looking for an area that is more of a comp setting.
AzBorn928 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC crawling spots in AZ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawling spots chris.martell General Crawlers 5 10-04-2013 10:24 AM
Crawling spots froboy Nebraska 4 02-18-2011 03:19 AM
Crawling spots? Beest Indiana 17 08-18-2009 02:21 PM
crawling spots in ky? andybenton Kentucky 2 08-14-2009 07:09 PM
Crawling Spots??? onefstsnake Chit Chat 9 05-27-2006 05:02 PM