Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: 4link to the top? How? PIcs? Newby!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question 4link to the top? How? PIcs? Newby!!!

I am begining on my quest to build this clod I have baught three sets of axles and I intend on getting this right, but I am on a budget! (baught the axles last year!) I was wondering about this whole mounting the lower links to the top of the c. 1st what is the c. 2 does anyone have pics of this done? 3rd anyone wanna buy a set of axles?
also I am going for the 16 inch wheel base will that be a problem with hitting my motors?

I am also curios if anyone funs 5\16 lowers instead of the 1\4 or is that just overkill? I just bought the Revo rod ends. I have 55 lathes, tmaxx shocks (is there a lighter spring than the red I should get?)

Guys I need help, I have spent alot of time using search but I am still unhappy with my findings.

Bryce
twisted77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
~THE SCALE SHOP~

there is a hole in the top of the "C"
you can kinda see it here, it mounts threw the whole just below the metal axle brace

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

im pretty sure the top of the c is were the axle brace screws to the end of the axle i havent quite figured out how im going to mount my lower links to the axles yet ild like to see some pictures myself
mch441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

usually with a 4 link setup you mount the lower links to the axle C where the metal axle brace is bolted to the C (the part where the knuckles are bolted on). you need a longer screw to go through the axle C, the brace, and then your rod end and associated hardware...
the upper links are usually mounted to a bracket that is bolted through the axle case where the stock Clod steering linkage went, just like in the pic shown above...
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

As mentioned, the "C" is where the knuckle is attatched to the axle tube. Mounting your lower links to the upper part of the C does require a longer screw and will help with the motor clearance issue. Another idea is to buy or make your own brackets to mount links to.

Here is a set of brackets that I made. They act as shock/link mounts. The upper 4 holes are for shock locations, the other is for the link. You can see in the pic though the upper screw in the C that would serve as a stand alone link mount
jagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

did you figure out everything you needed to know? I use the red springs on my tmaxx shocks. do you still have a set of clod axles you want to get rid of?
TwistedMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Well I sure do appreciate everything guys, you all have really helped me, so much that I have been out in the shop building with no time to repost!

I do still have a set to sell

Do the red springs work well?

Bryce
twisted77 is offline   Reply With Quote