Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: transmission and transfer case help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #1

Default transmission and transfer case help

I am building my first dually truck going to be a on-road off-road build. currently has the rc4wd 1.7 lorider semi truck tires on it but going to switch to a more all terrain looking 1.7 tire.

my question below
(I already have the injora front mount moutor and 2 speed transmission with divorced transfer case kit)

1. I am wanting to keep the front mount motor for a more scale look. but at the same time I think I want to go with a 2 speed transmission with a dig function. I have seen the gmade gom but haven't looked if anyone makes an adapter for it yet. I also found just a normal 3 gear scx10.2 style trans with a dig for cheap on amazon and wouldn't be against using that but its mid motor.

at this point i think i am going to have to do some modifications or custom work if i want to do a 2speed +dig+front mount motor any info on parts to buy are great thanks
platinum831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2022, 08:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: transmission and transfer case help

why not use the 3 gear with dig as a tcase its a simple mod just pull the gear cover off and resize the pin hole and cut the shaft off so the drive shaft fits
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
why not use the 3 gear with dig as a tcase its a simple mod just pull the gear cover off and resize the pin hole and cut the shaft off so the drive shaft fits
I think I know what you mean. mount the 3 gear with dig as the transfer case. use the 2 speed front mount transmission that I have take off the big spur gear cover case remove the gear and drill and cut the shaft to accept the short drive shaft that I already have from the 2 speed front mount kit I already have ?
platinum831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum831 View Post
I think I know what you mean. mount the 3 gear with dig as the transfer case. use the 2 speed front mount transmission that I have take off the big spur gear cover case remove the gear and drill and cut the shaft to accept the short drive shaft that I already have from the 2 speed front mount kit I already have ?
yayyes

you got it
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

transmission and transfer case help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer case only, no transmission??? monster 550 General Scale Talk 3 05-01-2016 12:54 PM
transmission into transfer case vwmopar Traxxas Crawlers 3 12-12-2013 10:20 AM