Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: TRX4 driveshafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2023, 07:56 AM   #1

Default TRX4 driveshafts

I have the trx4. Been crawling around in my backyard ( I have a big rock I will try and post a pic w/o doxxing my self ). Iv been abusing the crap out of my rc. Is there a way I should check my drive shafts for signs of breaking before they actually break? Iv also heard that your better off sticking with the traxxas ones and don't upgrade to metal. Because worse case you would want the shaft to break and Nothing further up the line. TIA

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
zebra412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2023, 09:10 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX4 driveshafts

Like most things in RC, periodic cleaning and inspection is about all they need. I do pull mine occasionally to clean out any sand/ dirt/ debris that may accumulate inside the shafts/ splines but that's about it. I also have used small amt of graphite to make sure they are sliding in/ out with minimum friction but I dunno that that's all that benificial. Check your grub-pins once in a while to make sure they're not backing out but again.. really pretty minimum maintenance on them and they hold up well over time. I changed the shafts on one of my trx4's to SSD metal but that's on a heavy tow rig and even so... not sure it was really necessary.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:31 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I use MIPs on all my rigs. Here is a video when I broke the stock Axial center DriveShafts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pqrOyYXHx-0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:06 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Been running several TRX's, have never broken a center shaft. As HPD says, clean them once in a while and they'll last a long time. When the CVD joints start having a lot of play, it's time to replace. It takes a while apparently, mine are all still pretty decent.

I did upgrade my puller to SSD's, but just for pulling a trailer duty. I doubt I'll ever have to replace them again.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX4 driveshafts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 sport with lift kit driveshafts tlebl Newbie General 1 04-23-2020 12:26 PM
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM