Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Classifieds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2023, 08:11 AM   #1

Default Classifieds

How do I find the classifieds? I've been a member since 2021, but my account was actually approved recently. I have tried to pay for a star membership, but PayPal isn't working. I'm not here to make useless posts, and I can't attach pictures, so most of my posts are useless anyway and go unanswered. I want to enjoy this site/community, but it's hard to even get in the door. I felt like I had to beg to even have my account approved, which happened months after I sent pms, and years after I joined. Is there something I'm not doing that I need to?
Handling>speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2023, 08:25 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Classifieds

Considering this is your FIRST post in the RCC forum, that's the reason. You can't post in the classified section until you've posted a certain minimum number of comments. Read the forum rules...it's all explained in there.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 08:30 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handling>speed View Post
How do I find the classifieds? I've been a member since 2021, but my account was actually approved recently. I have tried to pay for a star membership, but PayPal isn't working. I'm not here to make useless posts, and I can't attach pictures, so most of my posts are useless anyway and go unanswered. I want to enjoy this site/community, but it's hard to even get in the door. I felt like I had to beg to even have my account approved, which happened months after I sent pms, and years after I joined. Is there something I'm not doing that I need to?

Unfortunately that’s just kind of how this place is now.

I believe it’s 30 posts/30 days and I don’t think chit chat counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 08:32 AM   #4

Yeah I read that. I had given up on having my account approved because no admin would answer pms, and randomly it got approved a few weeks ago, with no reply. It took well over a year for me to even be able to post or use the search function. I went through like half a dozen builds wishing I could share them here. I'm just kinda done jumping through hoops to have access to this community. I've been trying to purchase a star, but that's not working.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:13 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handling>speed View Post
Yeah I read that. I had given up on having my account approved because no admin would answer pms, and randomly it got approved a few weeks ago, with no reply. It took well over a year for me to even be able to post or use the search function. I went through like half a dozen builds wishing I could share them here. I'm just kinda done jumping through hoops to have access to this community. I've been trying to purchase a star, but that's not working.

Last I heard the PayPal link was turned off so no one could pay for a star.

Perhaps you could check the scale builders guild forum. I’ve been thinking of migrating there myself

Old 10-30-2023, 09:21 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

It is sad that RCC has come to this. There is way too much info here to have it all go away and it looks like that is going to happen eventually.

I have a star, but it will probably disappear when my subscription runs out. I am a member over at SBG, but haven't really posted any builds over there. SBG has some very talented builders and beautiful builds and build threads.

Like @twade said, I too may eventually end up over at SBG permanently. I just haven't taken the full leap yet since my rigs and builds do not even compare to the outstanding builds that are posted over there.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 10:06 AM   #7

The ads that pop up on here are obnoxious too. I've spent a few years wishing I could be a part of this community haha I guess I'll have to find somewhere else. It is a bit frustrating honestly.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:15 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I just haven't taken the full leap yet since my rigs and builds do not even compare to the outstanding builds that are posted over there.

That’s my thought process as well. I’d like to start doing more threads myself, but I’d hate to invest a lot of time putting them here when I half expect the site to be gone any day.

I think I’ll pay the membership at sbg and they can deal with my less than extraordinary builds haha

Old 10-30-2023, 01:45 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
That’s my thought process as well. I’d like to start doing more threads myself, but I’d hate to invest a lot of time putting them here when I half expect the site to be gone any day.

I think I’ll pay the membership at sbg and they can deal with my less than extraordinary builds haha

is there anyone we can contact from the admin team? i have years of experience running very large message boards over the past 20+ years and would be willing to help run this place to not see it die
skurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurge View Post
is there anyone we can contact from the admin team? i have years of experience running very large message boards over the past 20+ years and would be willing to help run this place to not see it die

In short, no. The remaining Admins/Mods have little to no power to do much. The owners have shown zero interest in making things better. Also, they will NOT sell the site to those who have inquired with the desire to keep things up to date.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 07:24 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurge View Post
In short, RCC is "dead", but it doesn't realize it yet. It's not the first RC forum to die a slow death, and I'm certain it won't be the last. Part of it is because new/better forums get created every so often, and people start flocking to those forums. Part of it is that people get sick & tired of the politics of a forum (such as forums that are overly Republican-heavy (this one), or Democrat-heavy...or the age-old Ford vs Chevy people), and they want to get away from it.

And, finally...the most important reason...part of it (possibly the biggest part) is because people get tired of a particular area of RC, start getting interested in other areas of RC (for example, earlier this year, I finally realized I don't really care much about "going slow"...I much prefer to "go fast", this I started getting into NPRC drag & speedrun cars...so, I sold all my crawlers, as well as the crawler I had built for my stepdad (he's also lost interest)), and, as such, they have no need for a forum of the prior interest. That's when they search out forums that have greater content in their new areas of RC interest. I know my days are numbered in the RCC forum...partly for reason #2 (I'm VERY anti-Trump), but mostly for reason #3 (the only thing 'slow' in my life is my soon-to-be ex-wife)...although, for some unknown (to me) reason, I'm still here.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 10-30-2023, 09:08 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Just like scale4x4 faded away, this place is slowly, too going by the wayside. Politics were banned on this forum. Flaming was encouraged, engaged un habitually to keep the pansies off the forum. Some of the Og's have passed away, had family, or moved on to other hobbies. The radio controlled hobby itself has become overly pricey too. Then you have the other social media sites that turned this forum into what It is now.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 10:44 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Politics were banned on this forum.
Unfortunately, this isn't entirely the truth. "Officially", politics have been banned...but, 'certain' people are allowed to get away such things, at least to a certain point. Whether banned, or not, there IS still a certain "political bias" where this forum is concerned, and that is why some have left. This includes those who left of their own choosing, as well as those who were pushed out (even though others of the 'opposition', who were equally at-fault, never got banned). In other words, the "ban" on politics is somewhat one-sided. I won't say anything further (at least, right now)...but, anyone reading this who knows exactly what I'm talking about also knows exactly which individuals I'm referring to.

I guess, the RCC forum is "holding on by a thread", and had been for a while. How much longer it can "hold onto" that thread is anyone's guess. Honestly, it's somewhat "sad"...having read through done of the older threads, I can tell the RCC forum used to be a great place. As an old saying goes, "All Good things just come to an end." Or, to quote a movie line used in countless movies, "Why won't you just die?" (that's, obviously, in reference to the RCC forum, not at any individuals)

Old 10-31-2023, 12:51 AM   #14

If RCC is dead, where are people talking about rc crawlers online? So far I've found some of some Facebook groups which have some good info, but it's scattered and sometimes very tribal.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
ktse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:12 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktse View Post
If RCC is dead, where are people talking about rc crawlers online? So far I've found some of some Facebook groups which have some good info, but it's scattered and sometimes very tribal.

I think YouTube and Facebook are the two main resources people use for RC info (well, any info for that matter)

Old 10-31-2023, 06:39 AM   #16
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktse View Post
So far I've found some of some Facebook groups which have some good info, but it's scattered and sometimes very tribal.

That is why I like hanging out here. I do surf the Fakebook to see rig pics and get the latest manufacturer news, but this platform is much easier to use to document a build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I think YouTube and Facebook are the two main resources people use for RC info (well, any info for that matter)

I admit, I am guilty of spending way too much time on the UTube!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 08:04 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
In short, RCC is "dead", but it doesn't realize it yet. It's not the first RC forum to die a slow death, and I'm certain it won't be the last. Part of it is because new/better forums get created every so often, and people start flocking to those forums. Part of it is that people get sick & tired of the politics of a forum (such as forums that are overly Republican-heavy (this one), or Democrat-heavy...or the age-old Ford vs Chevy people), and they want to get away from it.

And, finally...the most important reason...part of it (possibly the biggest part) is because people get tired of a particular area of RC, start getting interested in other areas of RC (for example, earlier this year, I finally realized I don't really care much about "going slow"...I much prefer to "go fast", this I started getting into NPRC drag & speedrun cars...so, I sold all my crawlers, as well as the crawler I had built for my stepdad (he's also lost interest)), and, as such, they have no need for a forum of the prior interest. That's when they search out forums that have greater content in their new areas of RC interest. I know my days are numbered in the RCC forum...partly for reason #2 (I'm VERY anti-Trump), but mostly for reason #3 (the only thing 'slow' in my life is my soon-to-be ex-wife)...although, for some unknown (to me) reason, I'm still here.

Well, most people into off roading (and the scale version) are going to lean towards the right. Its an outdoor hobby where you have to work on things and might get a little dirt on you. If this forum was about soy lattes, it would be mostly left leaning. Besides...politics doesnt need to be brought into EVERY post. Could have been left out of this one for example.

The fact is, most forums are dying. Facebook is a faster and easier way to get the information you want or get feedback. The problem I have with FB is there are too many freakin groups. I am a member of 6 groups in my local area alone. There are more but I just dont want to join them because its mostly the same people in each with different admins.

I miss this place being active. Big events were easier to find when they were all posted here. There are so many large events around the country now but if you dont know the name of it to search on FB, you may not hear about it until it is too late. Plus it is easier to find specific posts here on a forum. FB gets cluttered up.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 09:12 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I agree that forums in general have died off for all the reasons listed above... especially because of other social media platforms but I do find that there are still forums out there very much alive.

I'm on a guitar forum that is insanely active... at least by today's standards ( avg 4-6 new pages daily) but it seems that one of the key ingredients there is active moderation which includes not just addressing and resolving disputes, but also positive interaction with members on a regular basis.

And they have many current event and political threads in their 'off-topic' section but those are heavily moderated so that trolls and trouble-makers and disrespectful posts are quickly dealt with. It leans a little left obviously but there are plenty of discussions between both sides. As long as things remain respectful and relevant there's no problem. And no matter anyone's thoughts on whatever topic, mods handle things on rationally and unbiased.

The key, again... is that Admin and Mods are there every day and the forum hasn't been abandoned. That is a huge difference imo. But I also feel like people CAN keep this place alive if they don't have any expectations of new sections being added, glitches being expeditiously addressed, security/ software being updated, and membership issues/ classified issues being dealt with in a timely manner. For some members, that doesn't work but at least for some of us, this is still a cool place to check out and post... meaning that the guys still posting here are pretty awesome ( as few as there are).

I sure wish that the owners would take this site seriously and actually come in and read threads like this. Doubtful that things would ever really change at this point but at least we wouldn't all feel as if we're screaming into the void.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 09:54 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
In short, no. The remaining Admins/Mods have little to no power to do much. The owners have shown zero interest in making things better. Also, they will NOT sell the site to those who have inquired with the desire to keep things up to date.

we are the problem there, the ad revenue must be covering the cost to run and putting some cash in their pockets at the same time, why would they change it
skurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 11:05 AM   #20
RCC Addict

I think another thing that hurts this forum as far as moderators/admin goes is that people get in and out of this hobby pretty frequently. Why hang around a forum dedicated to something that does not interest you anymore?

That isn't aimed at anyone...I take breaks from crawling and dont bother logging in here unless I'm back in the hobby or at least getting the itch to get another crawler. Same seems to apply to many others.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Classifieds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
classifieds? mtnbiker93 Chit Chat 22 01-21-2013 04:23 PM
Classifieds. barshots Newbie General 7 03-13-2012 03:02 AM
How do you go on classifieds Skier Newbie General 7 04-14-2011 07:48 PM
classifieds help boneskid1 Newbie General 11 01-02-2011 10:12 PM