Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: scale chassis crawler store chassis or k2-3l

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default scale chassis crawler store chassis or k2-3l

between the scale chassis sold at the crawler store http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/scale.html

or the k2-3l http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/chassis.html which chassis is better? i will be doing some rock crawling and alot of trail driving. i will use tlt axles, hitec 645 servo, JR a.m. 2ch radio, mamba max esc, and possibly a hyperion z3013. i will be driving through some undergrowth in the woods, but nothing that should tangle it besides the occassional large twig. it's the best place i have on my property although it is under and acre of woods to crawl in. i may use either an R2 tranny or a stampede tranny. i also may ocassionally put my mamba 4600kv motor in it if i want to bash a bit.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

buy em both and sell off the one that you like less.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

that isn't an option. i do not have enough money to do that, and the one i would sell will have lost value from being used. i would choose between the 2 chassis by which one has more articulation, but i do not want to get a non-scale chassis for maximum articulation just which of the 2 chassis options has more articulation. i also want to know which chassis is more convienient and easy to use. i will be rock crawling with competion rigs just to have fun and hang out. i need to be able to keep up with them to an extent.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

This is a hard question to ask. You will get some many different answers.

Do some searching and read up on the different styles. You may find something else you like too. It may even come down to which will look better to you.

Good luck with what ever you get. They all can be turned into good performers.

Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
20K Club

If it is your first build I would go with the k2 out of shear easy of assembly. You can but the links you need at the hobby shop and have it running in a matter or hours.

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

i agree. kaetwo is very helpful with questions you may have. he also has a pdf file for downloading instructions to build the rig. he gives you all of the part numbers for building it too. if you want to customize ,no problem either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706
If it is your first build I would go with the k2 out of shear easy of assembly. You can but the links you need at the hobby shop and have it running in a matter or hours.

MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

so should i just pm him for a list of what i need? i think i will be going with the k2-3l.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I bought the MFM chassis second-hand on this board. I picked it over the K2 chassis because it has almost unlimited adjustability and I can re-use my 4" shocks. The K2 chassis uses touring car shocks if I'm not mistaken. The only downside to the MFM chassis is that no center skidplate is included.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #9
'08 2.2 National Champ

Get the k2, you won't regret it, great performer and fairly easy to build. Yeah it runs touring car shocks but it works great and keeps the center of gravity low. Besides, kaetwo is great to work with.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote