Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: 1st Build recommendations...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #1

Default 1st Build recommendations...

Hey Guys, i have been lurking for a few weeks...i have read up allot on this site...there is a ton of info here and its been very useful in getting me up to speed a bit when it comes to RC crawling...

But, im still learning so i have some questions and maybe some of you guys could help.

I want to make a scale/realistic version of my 1:1 Jeep TJ...I have been trying to figure out what is the best way to go about this.

Right now i am leaning towards a Tamiya High Lift f350...i really like the look of the drive shafts...i would want to customiz it to fit into one of the Jeep bodies that are available...probably the jeep rubicon body. But...is the H/L kit too long for a jeep body? if so...it seems like it would be simple enough to change the locations of axles and such...

Anyway...i am curious to hear your guy's thoughts.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Rich Lee; 05-16-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Rich Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

i think the hl might bee to long, but im not shure

if i were you, i would get a diaz chassis, tlt axels, diaz leafs, ped trannmission

you could buy a hl and try and shorten it, but also, the trannys on them hang down really low and snag up on alot of stuff....thats why i sudgest the diaz frame.

my 0.02
foodstamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

not sure of the wheelbase on the rubi body but a highlift has a 11.25" wheelbase
jwcustomwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

12 or 12.5 on the HPI Rubi Body.

Im a newb as well and doing a scale to my Rub using an HPI body, MFM racing scale chasis and WK base (Axles and tranny) Already have Axial 2.2 Beadlocks, and picked up a set of Geolander tires for it

Right now Im working on a tranny/motor mount based on a lot of the info I have found here, and if everything works out I will be at exactly 12.5 WB. My only problem now is just can't make the stock WK shocks work in the positions I want to put them. I need shorter Shocks.

I did run across a New Brite Rubi hard body at Wally world last night that might be made to work on my MFM Chasis just need some better measurements of it. Hope they dont mind me opening the box in the aisle with a tape measure

Good luck
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #5

Very cool..thanks for the info guys....cant wait to get started...will keep you posted.
Rich Lee is offline   Reply With Quote