Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Whats the difference?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Whats the difference?

Whats the difference between TLT axles and TXT axles? Because I am thinking of making a scale rig, but I have no idea which axles to use. If you could please respond with some info, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Crawlerdude75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerdude75 View Post
Whats the difference between TLT axles and TXT axles? Because I am thinking of making a scale rig, but I have no idea which axles to use. If you could please respond with some info, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Depends on what kind of build you want to do. 1/10th or 1/6th. TLT axles are great for 1/10th build, and TXT's are good for 1/6th.

Search
Terminator13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I had TLT axles, added 3/4" wheel spacers to each side. Truck LOOKED good and performed well, but the axles break pretty easily. IF you only want it to look scale and don't plan on driving it hard (extreme rock crawling, rolling down hills, etc), then the TLT axles are fine.

I now have TXT axles, without wheel spacers it is about the same width overall (2.2 tires/wheels), but it could be even less with less backspace on the wheels. I have not gotten a chance to drive it much yet (waiting on my R2 tranny), but the axles are ALOT beefier.

TLT axles look more realistic for a small truck type build. If you want it to look like a monster truck, the TXT's are the way to go, they look almost identical to 2 1/2 ton Rockwell (military) axles.
Tacoma747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerdude75 View Post

Not trying to be a flamer here but, you've been a member here since Nov 06, and don't know the difference between Tlt and Txt axles?
I suggest you do a lot more reading, and a little less posting.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Debunking old stereotypes

What I was trying to suggest is, read through the Tlt, and the other sections here and you'll very easily have the answers to most of your posts. Why should we all have to read them, and then type out the easy answers for you?
So this post isn't a total waste of time, Yes, the Txt axles are similar in size to the Clod axles, and are shaft driven. Clod axles have 1 motor powering each axle, while Txt axles have 1 motor powering both axles. think of Txt as a big Tlt.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

When I started I wondered the same thing. I just went to both forums and looked at all the pictures. You can see that the TXT axles are bigger. The TLT axles are used for 2.2 builds and the TXT axles are used for super builds
Lumpmister is offline   Reply With Quote