Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Freedom from leaf springs!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Freedom from leaf springs!!!!

Just wanted to show off my 4-linked High Lift.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...476#post196476
TheROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

looks good. seems like it does well too. do you have anyissues with getting hung up?
joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
looks good. seems like it does well too. do you have anyissues with getting hung up?
It will still get hung but nothing like it used to.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
TEAM MODERATOR

If your gonna do a 4 link,why not set it up to aid traction? There's a PLEATHERA of tech here on RCC that can teach you how. Why not triangulate the uppers as well to help lessen or even get rid of axle steer?

Not a bad job but I think if you did some research ON RCC,you could set it up better.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

4-link looks real good to me. Nicely done.
RaleighRCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:46 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
If your gonna do a 4 link,why not set it up to aid traction? There's a PLEATHERA of tech here on RCC that can teach you how. Why not triangulate the uppers as well to help lessen or even get rid of axle steer?

Not a bad job but I think if you did some research ON RCC,you could set it up better.
How is it not set up to aid traction? It is essentialy the same set up that Austin ran on his GC-1 that won nationals. This setup works fine, 100 times better than stock with minor axle steer.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxil1 View Post
How is it not set up to aid traction? It is essentialy the same set up that Austin ran on his GC-1 that won nationals. This setup works fine, 100 times better than stock with minor axle steer.
Are you sure about that?

Have you run the numbers to see what % of squat/anti squat you have compaired to Austins? I bet they are quite different.

I'm not saying it won't work. I'm mearly telling you the TECH is HERE at RCC to teach you how to set it up to aid traction and perform better.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Are you sure about that?

Have you run the numbers to see what % of squat/anti squat you have compaired to Austins? I bet they are quite different.

I'm not saying it won't work. I'm mearly telling you the TECH is HERE at RCC to teach you how to set it up to aid traction and perform better.
Is there something you know that your not telling me? When I was refering to the GC-1 I was talking just about the straight uppers and triangulated lowers. I know all the numbers are not the same. Thanks for letting me know about the info here, but why do you think I didn't research just because it's not a perfect setup?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #9
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Is there something you know that your not telling me?
I know how to adjust the squat/anti squat to make the front or rear axle push weight around under acceloration that will in turn aid traction.

Quote:
When I was refering to the GC-1 I was talking just about the straight uppers and triangulated lowers.
I figured that out all ready I don't care who runs what and what they've won. Double triangulated links is a better way to mount links.

Quote:
I know all the numbers are not the same.
THATS where your goofing up. The numbers is where you'll see the results. All the info is HERE at RCC. I'll help you out here. Allot of it has to do with verticle seperation
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I know how to adjust the squat/anti squat to make the front or rear axle push weight around under acceloration that will in turn aid traction.
OK. Would you tell me how?

Quote:
THATS where your goofing up. The numbers is where you'll see the results. All the info is HERE at RCC. I'll help you out here. Allot of it has to do with verticle seperation
Help me here too please. Keep in mind though I built this with returning to stock an option and I wanted to use the 4-link mounts that came with it.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
OK. Would you tell me how?

Help me here too please. Keep in mind though I built this with returning to stock an option and I wanted to use the 4-link mounts that came with it.

Here's all the info you need on 4 links....It's how I got all my info and figured it all out.....4 link tech
Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Here's all the info you need on 4 links....It's how I got all my info and figured it all out.....4 link tech
What are you trying to be funny? You come on here and tell me you know it all but when I ask you, you tell me to search??
Old 10-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #13
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
What are you trying to be funny? You come on here and tell me you know it all but when I ask you, you tell me to search??

No,I'm not trying to be funny,thats the gate way to the light. Thats where I found all my info. It's in there.

It'd take me 2 days and 12 pages of info to get started on how to properly set up a 4 link,how to adjust things and what the adjustments do. Frankly,I ain't got the time.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No,I'm not trying to be funny,thats the gate way to the light. Thats where I found all my info. It's in there.

It'd take me 2 days and 12 pages of info to get started on how to properly set up a 4 link,how to adjust things and what the adjustments do. Frankly,I ain't got the time.
So really what you're saying is your posting just to raise your count. Judging by your post count it looks like you do this ALOT.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
i dont think you realize that the guy your poppin off to has a lil' red star next to his name, you know what that means??????(MODERATOR)

Anybody can search, but can you read?

BTW nice setup. reverse triangulation.must sidehill pretty good

Last edited by YoUnG_vErSiOn; 10-11-2007 at 10:05 PM.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:03 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
i dont think you realize that the guy your poppin off to has a lil' red star next to his name, you know what that means??????(MODERATOR)

Anybody can search, but can you read?

BTW nice setup. reverse triangulation.must sidehill pretty good
Maybe I'm totally taking it the wrong way. But the way I'm taking it is he is treating me like I'm an idiot and now your saying since he is a moderator, I should let him. Correct me if I'm wrong. Remember though I never started this thread to ask questions, I started it to show off my truck.

Thanks for the compliment, it sidehills pretty good. I'm very happy with it.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #17
Sinking with the ship

I think what were trying to get at is why you would do a tech thread on our site here with a link to another site ... I am member of scale 4x4 and like that site a lot too, but I dont link my builds back and fourth between the 2. If I am doing a tech thread, I post all my info here, and then if I post over at scale I do another thread just for scale, I dont post a link to back over here. See where I am going with this?
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

If you really like it that way, then it's fine, but Raptorman's showing you a way to make it better.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I think what were trying to get at is why you would do a tech thread on our site here with a link to another site ... I am member of scale 4x4 and like that site a lot too, but I dont link my builds back and fourth between the 2. If I am doing a tech thread, I post all my info here, and then if I post over at scale I do another thread just for scale, I dont post a link to back over here. See where I am going with this?
OK. I see what your saying. I didn't know anybody had a problem with it.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerguy851 View Post
If you really like it that way, then it's fine, but Raptorman's showing you a way to make it better.
He hasn't shown me anything. He said he knew how to make it better so I asked him how. Then he comes back with a link to the search button. Why would I do a search when HE came to me?

Why was it assumed that I did no research just because it is not set up for best performance?

Last edited by TheROOSTER; 10-12-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added a question.