Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Traction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #1

Default Traction

Everybody knows that to get traction you need a good tire, there are enough tire combinations out there to fit most peoples needs. But if it doesnt seem to be working add weight. I have found that the little 1/4
oz weight strips fit around the rim. There are limited places to put them, here are 2 places i have found. 1 put them inside the rim before putting in the foam (make sure not to cover the air hole). 2 put them on the rim around your hex 12mm 17mm ect. there is enough clearance around the end of the axle to put about 8 of them, If thats not enough weight you can put thick washers on first before the sticky weights, Washers with a 3/4 in hole work really well, most rims can fit 2 washers.

Thanks for reading
poonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
RCC Addict

FYI, This isn't anything new... I personally have done both those options, and have been doing it for a while now. And there are MANY others that have been doing that too, along with many other ideas and places for 1/4oz weights as well as other forms of weight.
Read a bit in the wheels and tires threads or build threads in virtually every category and you'll find it's been done.

I'm not saying it not a good idea, just that it's almost considered common knowledge.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I also heard about the bb's inside the tires in place of the foam. You fill them about a 1/4 of the way and as the tire turns they stay at the bottom giving good weight and traction.
Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post
I also heard about the bb's inside the tires in place of the foam. You fill them about a 1/4 of the way and as the tire turns they stay at the bottom giving good weight and traction.
The sound of the bb's rolling around inside the tire really got on my nerves.
OldNube is offline   Reply With Quote