Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: I have an idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default I have an idea

I am thinking of getting a ax-10 and making it into a trail rig.

What I might run,
custom tube chassis
2.2 rockstompers
rc4wd beadlock wheels
LRP esc
Inteagy 35T lathe
LED light sistem
ax10 driveterain
Hitec 645mg

anyone who has more ideas please poast them

THANKS!
scorpion_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

sounds good man. LRP esc huh? goin waterproof? If so, ditch the 645 for a waterproof servo. Leds might need some water tight attention. Plasti-dip your batt. If I was to do a trail rig I would do one with the 80' chevy body and dovetail and tube the bed. . I would probly leaf it also. incorporate a light bar in the tube frame and run some highlift lights atop the cab. Tube bumper and winch.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Sounds good man the only thing is ditch that servo it is not nearly strong enough. I bought one originally but you need one in the 280 oz. or better. IMO But other than that good start.
scrotsbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

enough day dreaming..now go get the money..
Knoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

x2 on ditching the 645 but for a different reason. They have plenty of power, especially for a scaler but ive found they die fast in the water. If you dont have alot of cash floating around, id say use futaba 3003s. They seem to last longer in the water and are usually only about $10 to replace. Just think of it as wheelin a rig without power steering. It will steer ok, but it definitely takes a little bit of a different driving style. And you shouldnt need to dip your battery, they seem to be fine in muddy / wet conditions. And i think most LEDs are a diode encased in plastic so they shouldnt need any sealing. but the AX10 is a great platform for a scaler, they are very durable and hold up well to abuse.
Dumptruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumptruck View Post
x2 on ditching the 645 but for a different reason. They have plenty of power, especially for a scaler but ive found they die fast in the water. If you dont have alot of cash floating around, id say use futaba 3003s. They seem to last longer in the water and are usually only about $10 to replace. Just think of it as wheelin a rig without power steering. It will steer ok, but it definitely takes a little bit of a different driving style. And you shouldnt need to dip your battery, they seem to be fine in muddy / wet conditions. And i think most LEDs are a diode encased in plastic so they shouldnt need any sealing. but the AX10 is a great platform for a scaler, they are very durable and hold up well to abuse.
LOL. Yeah the reason the 645 doesn't hold up well in water is it isn't waterproof. water and electronics don't mix so you need to seal them. Hitec makes waterproof servos, just get on tower hobbies and read the specs. Do NOT! I repeat Do NOT go cheap on the servo. There are plenty of other places to cut corners. With servos, you get what you pay for. And yes sir, you need to seal your battery some how or it will rust . And if your going to spend money on LED's, might as well take some initiative and make sure they are sealed.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote