Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: wheel weights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #1

Default wheel weights

how much are you guys running in the fronts and is anybody running them in the rear? i'm running a split battery in the front. any input would be great
happy new year mike..
jackal20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hey, Im running 7.5 oz in each front wheel. nothing in the rear, yet... i installed the second servo plate over the rear axle and im gonna try out a little bit of weights there. the current setup works great!!!
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

like mtnyote said its nice to have an option to be able to add and subtract weight in the rear for sure. I have run 3,4,6 in each front wheel, and never had any in the back yet......so its really user decision and terrain or course your on.
Steveakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

yeah man, i dont think anyone is gonna argue against weights in the front. you want them. and it is good to have the options in the rear. it totally depends on your terrain and obstacles. if you try approx. 7 oz in the front, i bet you'll like it. your not gonna want to be taking those front tires off the beadlocks over and over.
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal20 View Post
how much are you guys running in the fronts and is anybody running them in the rear? i'm running a split battery in the front. any input would be great
happy new year mike..
I'm running 3oz in each front tire 1.5 in each rear tire and so far its working pretty good
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
I'm running 3oz in each front tire 1.5 in each rear tire and so far its working pretty good
x2
caddyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I am running 7oz in the fronts and 1.5oz in the back it seems to do very well. When I get new wheels I am going to try none in the rear and try out diffrent setups. But it works great now.
scrotsbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
RCC Addict

i run 7.25 oz each front wheel 2.75 each rear wheel. with a 45t motor and rooster crawler (read strong drag brake) it seems to down hill real well and climb insanely well stick on weights are easy to add and subtract
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #9

I've tried a few variations- I have about 7 or 8 in each front and it climbs great- I then mounted my 7.4 1200 2 cell directly on top of the rear servo mount to lower the CG. This is the best setup for climbing and descendingI've found so far. Then I added 3oz to each rear and I wasn't able to go up the same stuff that used to be childs play. I've tried the Moab tires using the same setups and saw no discernable difference in performance over the stock lizards. A litle OT, but what the hell.
funboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I am also running 7.5oz in each front, but I run 4oz in the rear which works great for me and the terrain that I am running on here in AZ.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote