Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Ok now i have choiced the next car!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #1

Wink Ok now i have choiced the next car!

as the thread says, i've choiced the car and it is the E-maxx 3905 but i want to make it aboit more crawly than basher and i've looked on the e-maxx modify thread but i dont want to do anythign that i cant change back.. well this is what i've been thinking on as modifys:

*Novak Goat Crawler Sintered Brushless System 18,5
*Traxxas Drive Shaft Center E-Maxx Front/Rear
*Traxxas Shocks Big Bore T-Maxx (will use 4 when i "crawl" and 8 when bashing)
*Traxxas Drive Shaft Revo/T-Maxx w/OptiDrive (4)
*Losi rock claws ofc
*Some kind of beadlock wheels not sure an suggestions? =)

well this is what i've been thinking on to get from towerhobbies and get the big step from hbx sh!t to the heavyer rc class
well guess i should motivate why im thinking on get the items i've write above start from top to buttom:

*Kind want to try BL system since i've just used a stock hbx before (Haiboxing) and the Goat have i heard a few nice stuffs about and the price isent killing since i get the center shafts and the powerplant for same price as just goat system in sweden.

*Drive Shaft Center well think this will terminate the shaft breaking while climbing, scene a few breaks of the plastic one in the forums here.

*Traxxas Drive Shaft same as above and it looks so much cleaner than the stock ones.

*Losi rock claws have to motivate? well they are the absolutly most recomended rubber i've scene on all sites i've checked so nothign else here than!

*The beads cant get motivated when i havent choiced any.. any1 knows and good looking for the e-maxx and fits with the claws? well i would spend 40Dollish per pair i guess soo and suggestions is welcome!

Ok im open for any comments and options for other stuffs and would like to know can i without anything extra get lipo batt? i mean the Esc got the low volt cutoff but this with lipo stuffs feels so hard to understand but as i understand so shoud i be able to use some lipo. wel like i mentored im fully open for those who want to give suggetion or comments about this

Big cheers crawler mates
Albin
coolalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2008, 04:12 AM   #2

Lightbulb shoe suggestion

i've checked some more on tires and thinking on get a set of moabs and also thinking on get 40 Series Cheyenne Bead-Loc Wheels but if i do this combo could i than change the bead ring to another colour? would be cool so you can get other colour combos with diffrent bodys and stuff.. also is it really so that i can't use any other wheels like the text says? if so than im going to look for better option can't use same rubber for all terains =)
Old 05-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
RCC Addict

once you get this build finished you'll have to post some pics, i was thinking about a new e-maxx for myself
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 AM   #4

Arrow

well first i need to get the car and than i will check what i want/need to mod first but looks like i will go for some kkind of beadlocks so i can use diffrent type of rubber on the wheels without 5h with pilling off old ones
than we will see but the first thing im going to do is change the shocks to the topholes on the towers and use just 1 shock per coner than we will see if i order the other stuffs right away or take it later but the things will get on. but i think i will go stock motor in the first and than upgrade to higher turn feels so wrong to put 200$ (is 300$sh when its in my postoffice) think i can go dual 55ts or something later when i need more power/W. but the most important thing i need in start when i want to crawl in mod way is steel shafts sees so many beaking shafts on the web and traxxas foum. and my lhs doesnt have maxx shafts in stock and they are abit slow on get them home so beter to get quality infront of junk i guess

oh Yeah
jaymoney i will get picks if i can get sis cam when shes not at home
seen alot of threads with promising about pics and than they never post any but i wil try. btw its not 100% i get what i've wish for birthday gift but my grandfather is like "i've gived your sis stuffs for alot of cash so lets go to the hobbystore and get you some new rc stuffs" so i guess he could spare me a e-maxx =)

Cheers Albin
Old 05-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #5

Cool

Well succses will get a E-maxx but than i have to stand for 20% (my grandpa always says i have to do a % of the stuffs heeh) so will just be the maxx to start with. -"small step for men a big step for me!"
will be my first "true" rc car" wil get it at wen-friday the lhs hadent it in stock as it said on the site so back home now and wait some, mabye watch some on the funnyest thing

Cheers Albin the soon proud owner of a E-maxx
Old 05-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #6

well after a wrong order and a time later... OMG i am so impressed of this car and the size! i mean wow every part of it is like 30% bigger than i thought and the a-arms are like 4 times bigger than my old car ones.
well i have search on a few sites to get inspiration about how my e-maxx will be modded and when i geting it i just think its perfect as (the first hour ^^) well the shocks will be one of my first upgrade will be big bores to go and than i want a solid diff and full set black RPM than we willl see but for now i have to save. oh btw how low gear can i get it with all stock car? (mean smaller pions and larger spour would like it to keep cool while i run it and i dont care about the speed =) well also the same question but now when i want to pop wheelies infront of friends what spour and pions should i use? (sorry if wrong spelling)
Cheers Albin

Last edited by coolalala; 05-23-2008 at 12:54 AM.