Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Losi Speed-T

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Losi Speed-T

Anyone have one or any experience with them? Might be my next R/C purchase, I need something go fast that I can slap some paddles on for the beach.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
RCC Addict

It's pretty much just a XXX-T with some hop-ups. Pretty fast, really does handle well. Much better than a VXL Rusty. I'd go for it.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
It's pretty much just a XXX-T with some hop-ups. Pretty fast, really does handle well. Much better than a VXL Rusty. I'd go for it.
How is it "much" better than a VXL Rustler specifically?
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm curious about this as well.

Also, can it run on a blue groove track or is it just show and go for the parking lots?
Zod Rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I think the "much better than a VXL Rusty" was the continuation of the ..."realy does handle well."
The XXX-t and associated T series are both known to handle better, and be more tuneable than the traxxas bashers.
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:49 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod Rhombus View Post
I'm curious about this as well.

Also, can it run on a blue groove track or is it just show and go for the parking lots?
Change the tires, remove the wheelie bar, and tune the shocks and you can run it on the track.

I suppose I could just buy an XXXT roller, a Mamba Monster, and a 5s lipo. Wonder how that would do....
Old 05-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

The XXX-T & Associated T certainly would be more tunable. They are more race-oriented truck's.

The Speed-T is pretty nice too. I had given it a big consideration but it was just too similiar to my VXL Rustler. And if I wanted to go that fast on the street I really should get a touring car. I do like the Speed-T/Losi programming card though. My VXL was borderline "too fast" for the track, however it's a great flyer. But I'm sure the VXL could turn the sand quite well at Smather's with the extra power.
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Shocker View Post
The XXX-T & Associated T certainly would be more tunable. They are more race-oriented truck's.

The Speed-T is pretty nice too. I had given it a big consideration but it was just too similiar to my VXL Rustler. And if I wanted to go that fast on the street I really should get a touring car. I do like the Speed-T/Losi programming card though. My VXL was borderline "too fast" for the track, however it's a great flyer. But I'm sure the VXL could turn the sand quite well at Smather's with the extra power.
I had considered the Rustler VXL but really I dont like Traxxas. I'm a Losi guy. Also considered the E Firestorm Flux but the ESC is only rated for 2s lipo.