Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Hot Bodies Lighting Pro-R = Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 06:12 AM   #1

Default Hot Bodies Lighting Pro-R = Brushless

I've searched for a thread on this and found none, a friend of mine just bought a revo that already had the brushless conversion and i've been looking for a good competitor truck to run with him and acquired a hot bodies lighting pro-R to turn brushless , i already have the feiago 8L motor , a mamba monster maxx speed controller, a 9 tooth and 18 tooth pinion on the way . only thing i'm lacking is the motor mount . What i'm wondering is if anyone has done a brushless conversion on this kind of truck yet and wut options i have for a motor mount , i have found one on RC Monster for a fair price , but it looks like i'm going to have to cut out the top plate for the brake servo . i'll post the link to the mount , any opinions on this project would help alot thanks ;)

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...=LSPmotormount

also if anyone has done a project on this truck and has pictures contact me please i'd love to see them
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Have you checked the forums on rc-monster.com? I have no doubt you'll find at least 1 converted LSP-R on there. And FWIW, that 8L is not going to be happy in there. An 8XL is much more suited to a vehicle like that.
skellyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #3

Feigao 8L 1002 watts 43,473 5mm Standard 550 Mount 14.4-16.8V
Feigao 8XL 737 watts 28,411 5mm Standard 550 Mount 21.6-24V
above is the motor comparison for the two motors , since i'm having to do this on a tight budget i figured the 8L was the better to go with since i'm gonna have to stick with 14.4 for now , once i can afford a decent set of lipos and a charger i'm jumping this bad boy to the 7XL .

my only thing is mounting this motor with a clean look without having to hack any of the aluminum and still keep the dual brake system factory to the truck , i've check the forums on rc monster seen a few different ideas .
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think finedesign does a conversion for that truck.
cuban b is offline   Reply With Quote