Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Slayer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Slayer

So the Slash is pretty cool and I see several running them, curious though if anyone is running the nitro version, that Slayer.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #2

i have also been waiting to see what ppl had to say about them!
quad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I got my Slayer yesterday,broke it in then ran a couple more tanks through it,super fast,handles good,today I ripped the nitro stuff out and installed a new style E-maxx tranny and tomorrow the brushless stuff goes in!I have a brushless Slash and should be able to compare them tomorrow.
doubledub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledub View Post
I got my Slayer yesterday,broke it in then ran a couple more tanks through it,super fast,handles good,today I ripped the nitro stuff out and installed a new style E-maxx tranny and tomorrow the brushless stuff goes in!I have a brushless Slash and should be able to compare them tomorrow.
Sweet! Post up a build thread.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Sweet! Post up a build thread.

x2 I wanna see it!

I have an E-Revo that I was thinking of making an E slayer out of, but I'm having too much fun w/it!!!!!
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
They're out?????

You do have some pics to share of your conversion? Man this is great news they're out
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I succesfully completed it and ran it on my small Slash track today,and promptly caught it on fire,(the batteries did not care for the gearing choice),then installed a Trinity duo 550 5.5 brushless and a Venom 5400mah 3s lipo now it's fun!much faster than my MM 5700 powered Slash and handles awesome!I might get some pics tomorrow,if not, I might get a video on youtube sometime.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Talking e-revo to e-slayer awd woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawln Coles View Post
x2 I wanna see it!

I have an E-Revo that I was thinking of making an E slayer out of, but I'm having too much fun w/it!!!!!
Yo Coles, you werent feelin' the idea too much the other day at the shop Glad to see you may change your mind I say go for the conversion. smaller wheel n tire set up would really rip! Convert it quick so we can race, my slayer arms n junk are in the mail. We could run em down the track & maybe even get enough local guys interested to have a class for em'. Fun,fun,fun
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Talking Pics....can't wait

Quote:
I succesfully completed it and ran it on my small Slash track today,and promptly caught it on fire,(the batteries did not care for the gearing choice),then installed a Trinity duo 550 5.5 brushless and a Venom 5400mah 3s lipo now it's fun!much faster than my MM 5700 powered Slash and handles awesome!I might get some pics tomorrow,if not, I might get a video on youtube sometime.
Kick @$$ man! I cant wait to see the pics. Do u have any plans of posting up a Youtube video in the near future?
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #10

Here are a few pics of doubledub's E Slayer

Thing frickin hauls!!! We are working on the video now. Should be up in a week or so

Last edited by samson_simpson; 08-25-2008 at 08:47 AM.
samson_simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

So why the electric mod? Not saying it's bad or anything, just wondering. Pretty cool truck though.....
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Looks top-heavy. How does it handle?
Slow_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #13
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
So why the electric mod? Not saying it's bad or anything, just wondering. Pretty cool truck though.....
Cuz we gots nothin' but nitro-haterz 'round here!

I saw one of these running at our track this weekend. The suspension was stiff as hell and it was top-heavy. I think the guy jacked around with the suspension because it didn't soak up the bumps or dip the rear end like a typical Revo or like it shows in the promo videos.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I like electric! Nothing against nitro,it was way faster when it was nitro powered,but we live at 7000' and nitro can tend to be a real pain with 30-40 degree temp changes in one day and the humidity change can be as drastic,It might be a little top heavy but I am working on a new motor plate to clock the motor down as far as possible and I also ordered several different spring rates to help with the weight difference from the conversion,it is a lot lighter than before.I beat the crap out of it today for a couple of hours and it handles very well,runs for about 35 minutes with the 5400mah lipo that is in it and I can get about 20-25 minutes with a 3200mah lipo.Thanks for the pics,Sam
Old 08-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I like electric! Nothing against nitro,it was way faster when it was nitro powered,but we live at 7000' and nitro can tend to be a real pain with 30-40 degree temp changes in one day and the humidity change can be as drastic,It might be a little top heavy but I am working on a new motor plate to clock the motor down as far as possible and I also ordered several different spring rates to help with the weight difference from the conversion,it is a lot lighter than before.I beat the crap out of it today for a couple of hours and it handles very well,runs for about 35 minutes with the 5400mah lipo that is in it and I can get about 20-25 minutes with a 3200mah lipo.Thanks for the pics,Sam
I can understand the altitude/temp and humidity thing. Makes 100% sense to me. That is why I have gone for so many years w/ no nitros, I'll probably go back to all electric again. But, for the time being I'm trying it once more...... I have a Revo 3.3 now and a Losi 8ight T race roller and Slayer coming. I may be hitting you up for swap tech, I have a dual motor plate sitting here waiting. Denver is not too bad, but my land is at 7200'. The only good thing is it's constantly dry.
Thanks

PS, Hey KB, how's the weather up there right now????? Come visit us in Denver, we have Kaladi Coffee down here!!!!!

Last edited by Mule; 08-25-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: add
Old 08-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #16
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post

PS, Hey KB, how's the weather up there right now????? Come visit us in Denver, we have Kaladi Coffee down here!!!!!
I was amazed to see Kaladi outside the state. Ran across a shop while I was in Seattle and now Denver??? I think I'm in the wrong business.

Weather here SUCKS! RAIN! All the time. It's like Seattle but with way more mullets! Been thinking about moving to Denver actually.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I'm sooooo bummed, missed a slayer at the LHS by a few hours today. ARGH! Price isn't too bad on them either. $460 I think is what they said.
K_B, PMd ya....
Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Mule,
The hobbyshop I work at just got 3 in stock.
Check my sig for the link. I picked 1 up the other day and they are pretty bad-ass.
Another winner from Traxxas
Slow_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Default gotta be the first one, right?

well you had the first E- revo conversion but no one knew so now it is known who made the first E-slayer. it looks kick ass. big lipo, i would hurt myself (someone else) with all that. good job VW.
the other 2.2 guy is offline   Reply With Quote