Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Couple questions (drifting)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Couple questions (drifting)

Ok I am pretty new to drifting, and am just figuring things out with this. I got an RS4 from a co-worker, and am wanting to get a new body on, and put lights and stuff on it, and figure out a steering issue. So here is my question(s):

1. How can you put LEDs on a lexan body? what have you guys done to make it work?

2. can you make your own light buckets and glue them to the body (to hold your lights?)

Last one about steering.

The RS4 I have has an issue with turning, it seems that when I am drving, and I try to turn the wheels dont. What could be the problem? Are you guys putting high torque servos in these cars at all? (645MG) Could the fact that the radio and reciever are older than dirt be causing it?

Thanx guys, PLEASE feel free to post the way you did your lights and solutions to these problems! Dont forget pics!
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

So the wheels dont turn or the car doesn't turn?? Curious wich RS4 you have, is it electric or nitro? Nitro RS4 1&2 were belt and 3&evo were shaft. Don't know much about the electric 1.

Good luck with the drifter
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
RCC Addict

it is electric, and the car doesnt turn (wheel dont seem to want to turn) which is why I am leaning towards the servo? It is an older car though
Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

yeah prob. servo it shouldn't need much (from what a bunch of guys tell me). or maybe the reciever?
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
RCC Addict

ya the radio and reciever are really old..so I will try to get the servo, and those taken care of and see what happens
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
RCC Addict

First thing i would do is take the body off and look at what is happening when you turn your radio left or right?
Go from there...

There are numurous possibilities from "car doesnt turn while driving".
Does it turn when its off the ground?
-If yes, it should turn when on the ground i have a POS futaba servo that came with a futaba sport radio and it works just fine in my tt-01
-If no, look at what is causing it not to turn, example- servo not throwing, servo saver, binding somewhere, links not set up properly, etc.

You get my point.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote