Rock Crawler

i will be watching
SEMIJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJOE View Post
i saw this truck built on another website.and have to say hats off to the person that built it.
im doing mine alittle different.the other truck was built with a lexan body.but what the fun with that.
so im scratch building my cab and skirts
do you mind sharing the URL for this build you mentioned?
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.ph...6c3fa&start=15
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

updates soon to come
Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Default Update!!

As some of you may know I now have this rig here in Tucson AZ. So Joe contacted about doing some work on this one. The direction Joe wanted go just scream for a killer tube chassis. In conjunction his proven styrene skills we feel this will be a totally awsome build.

Here is were I am at and watch throughout this week for progress from my side of the country. I have to get this back to Joe this coming weekend so he can get his body built before a deadline in early June!! WooHOO love a little pressure.. No Problem I got this!! On to the pics!!!

First I had to make new Frame Rails because Joe felt he would be best getting the frame down to 1/2" above deck. I aggreed as well as get the COG just a touch lower too

And now it time to get that cage started!! We talked about making this a bolt on affair(Cage To Frame Rails) however, on second thought I'm not so sure it needs to be. But for now, I am going to braze the cage to the frame rails for the sake of ease and if we still feel it needs to be bolt on I will cut it free and add mounting plates..

Here is a pretty good idea of the direction we are heading!

Well, what do ya think guys!!! Good or bad!!

And dont hate me for the crappy pics, I try to take good ones but I guess my skills are not with the pickture taken stuff..

Last edited by The Real Dogman; 05-11-2009 at 02:37 PM.
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Looks like a Jumbo Jet hull make some wings !!!

Looking great man!!! Take it a slightly different step to the original one though at least with the wheels body and all the other cosmetics
Old 05-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
As some of you may know I now have this rig here in Tucson AZ. So Joe contacted about doing some work on this one. The direction Joe wanted go just scream for a killer tube chassis. In conjunction his proven styrene skills we feel this will be a totally awsome build.

Here is were I am at and watch throughout this week for progress from my side of the country. I have to get this back to Joe this coming weekend so he can get his body built before a deadline in early June!! WooHOO love a little pressure.. No Problem I got this!! On to the pics!!!

First I had to make new Frame Rails because Joe felt he would be best getting the frame down to 1/2" above deck. I aggreed as well as get the COG just a touch lower too

And now it time to get that cage started!! We talked about making this a bolt on affair(Cage To Frame Rails) however, on second thought I'm not so sure it needs to be. But for now, I am going to braze the cage to the frame rails for the sake of ease and if we still feel it needs to be bolt on I will cut it free and add mounting plates..

Here is a pretty good idea of the direction we are heading!

Well, what do ya think guys!!! Good or bad!!

And dont hate me for the crappy pics, I try to take good ones but I guess my skills are not with the pickture taken stuff..

looks good to me!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #48
~THE SCALE SHOP~

what is it? a jet truck dragster?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
what is it? a jet truck dragster?

its and all wheel drive race truck .im putting the fast brushleess system in it that i can find
Old 05-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJOE View Post
its and all wheel drive race truck .im putting the fast brushleess system in it that i can find
Its gonna be sick 4sure!
Looking at the original the only thing is that even with the brushless he used it wasn't very fast , changing the tranny would solve that wouldn't it?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Default Update guys!!

well, got the back bone trusses built and tomorrow I should have the cross ties done and hopefully I will have the Cab Cage finished!! I hope!! We will see..

Tell you what it does take timne to cut and fit all of those stringers, I sure hope OSF get the cutting and knotching station done soon!!

The OSF Tubing Bender works fantastically!! OSF has done a great job desinging this tool, it helps with bending so much its sick!!

Anyway on to the pics

Its getting there!! Joe sure wish I had more time with this rig!! So many things I want to do but dont have time!!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

wow! awesome
Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Hot... DAMN
mcho78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Whoa!!! That is one awesome looking rig for sure. Really interested in how this one is going to turn out.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Default Update!!

Ok guys, I know updates have been slow in coming. My wife and I have been experiencing some health issues that has kept me from doing too much tube work lately, but I did manage to get some done!

Here are a few pics of progress

I have a few more Cross Braces and Cab Window Bars to install and then I can get to work on the wing mount!!

What do you guys??
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

man that is looking good lee!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Well your progress may be a little slow right now but nonetheless it is still some of the most excellent work I have seen. Keep it up.

However, make sure that your health and your wife's health is taken care of above all other things.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Default Update!!!!!

I will be finishing this up and shipping it to Joe with in the next 2 days, but for now here is were it stands.

Got the wing structure in place and now I just need add the 'X' bracing to the wing structure. I decided to use solid 3/16" rod for this area for structural integrity, just incase!! I think I like how it turned out.

I used the wing mount from an 1/8 scale CEN Matrix Arena truggy since it holds up to all of the hard abuse I have given that truggy!! The beauty of using the 1/8 scale wing mount is he can replace it when ever he might need to!! And its adjustable so he can change the downforce as needed

I took the creative liberty to change the orientation of the tranny and mount it directly to the tube work of the chassis. This change aligns the drive train better and cleans up the bottom of rig and keeps the tranny inside the cage for protection in that awful chance of a highspeed crash.

I was going to make steel tabs to mount the tranny but decided these mounting tabs will aid in removal and installation of the tranny much better. As it is, the tranny comes out pretty easy. I need to make the shifting servo mount in the front of the belly of this beast under the front drive shaft. Joe what size servo do you plan to use?? A full size or mini, maybe even a micro?? I am going to mount the servo directly to the cage as well.

A few more pics just for fun

Nice fit between the frame rails!!

Looking pretty badass!!

My Favorite Shot I think!

Ok thats it for now!! Lets talk battery placement Joe!!!

Last edited by The Real Dogman; 07-01-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

update!!
i sent this off to lee for tubing work.
just got it back and have to say its a work of art!! thnx lee
next week i will get started on the cab

Old 07-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #60
Pebble Pounder

!! looks killer
gmc572 is offline   Reply With Quote