Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: "The Sleeper" Mugan MBX5 project!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 AM   #1
Who's your Daddy-0!

Default "The Sleeper" Mugan MBX5 project!

This has been a year long build! Waiting for parts, upgrading parts, waiting for a custom paint job, ect.... The only thing left is the Novak Brushless conversion kit that will be here Wed

Here is the electronic run down for this girl.....
Mamba Monster Max ESC
Neu 1515/1Y motor
Castle BEC
SR3100 RX
DX3R TX
Airtronics 94162 Steering servo
2x 3S1P A123 packs (Series)

And a run down of the extras.....

Aluminum Rear Hub Carriers
Aluminum Rear Tension Rod Mount
Mugan Carbon Fiber Brake Pads
Mugan Titanium Drive Shafts front/rear
Mugan Aluminum Front Lower Arm Mount
Upgraded Mugan front/rear Universal Joint set
Racers Edge 777 Aluminum front Torque Brace
Xtream Racing Carbon Fiber Steering Brace
Xtream Racing Carbon Fiber Servo mount/brace
Hand polished Aluminum Wheel Hubs
King Head's Aluminum Upper Arm Holder
Mugan Aluminum rear Lower Arm Mount
Ultra Racing front/rear Titanium Shock Towers by "Floron"
Mugan Aluminum Acerman Plate 5mm
Xtreme Racing Mugen MBX5 Carbon Fiber Center Diff Brace
Proline 1/8 Wing
Losi 1/8 White Dish Wheels
AKA "Crossbrace" tires F/R
AKA Foams
Polished Titanium Mugan shocks and caps (Took me 3 1/2 hours to polish them!)
Hand polished Springs
Proline "Crowd Pleazer 2.0" Body
Custom Paint by ZielkeRacing.com (Tru-Flames)
OFNA Machined "Spider" Diff's F/R

I will have this done by Wed night if it takes me all night! Like I sleep anyways I will def get some action picts and some video of it in action. So on to the picts and tell me whatcha think! (And yes I do have 3 other bodies for it, I love this body but I don't like trashing $140 bodies!) I have put a lot of time and love into this one! I built this one just to race Chip Cross
Attached Images

Last edited by TattooKenny; 09-22-2009 at 03:23 AM.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
Hateraide

thats sick with that paint job, this is the same thing i want to do with my ofna buggy, cant wait to see the video
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Pretty sick buggy. I had a MBX5 about this time last year and sold it for next to nothing because I just didn't dig nitro, kinda wish I'd kept it and done a BL conversion on it.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code454 View Post
thats sick with that paint job, this is the same thing i want to do with my ofna buggy, cant wait to see the video
Check out his site, his paint is just unreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcabner View Post
Pretty sick buggy. I had a MBX5 about this time last year and sold it for next to nothing because I just didn't dig nitro, kinda wish I'd kept it and done a BL conversion on it.
I hate nitro! Only thing nitro I have left is a hydro boat. I have 2 built motors for this Mugan that will be in the FS forum on RCShortcourse soon!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Hateraide

yeah i checked his stuff out and its pretty crazy, are you changing anything else like take the disk brakes off and such
Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
yeah i checked his stuff out and its pretty crazy, are you changing anything else like take the disk brakes off and such
Yea, just waiting on the conversion to get here.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #7

Hot paint job! And a sweet buggy to be.

I recently converted an MBX5-t with the Tekno kit and I'm loving it. Mine was built on a bit of a budget, but I mostly bash.

Naked shots:

Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Nice ride man I really like these 8th scale brushless conversions, freaking awesome! Oh yeah paint looks ok...lol paint is sick
yarddog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddog35 View Post
Nice ride man I really like these 8th scale brushless conversions, freaking awesome! Oh yeah paint looks ok...lol paint is sick
Thanks daddy-0;) I will tell you this, if you want to build a brushless 1/8 buggy-truggy, buy a used roller! If you started new you could drop well over $2K in one! And it's all the little "Extra" parts that add up!

I have a HotBodies 1/8 buggy here that is complete RTR that I might do the same with. These buggies are just sick! 1/8's are just fun to drive and fast! And they are tough!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I made a post about these AKA wheels over at RCSC. They don't really work for a short course truck as AKA intended, but for something like this, I think they work nicely...
Attached Images

K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
I made a post about these AKA wheels over at RCSC. They don't really work for a short course truck as AKA intended, but for something like this, I think they work nicely...
I like them Do you have some? Link? Those are sick! Nice Photoshop to!

I got the brushless conversion kit in today! I'll have it on tonight and get some picts up!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
K_B
I wanna be Dave

They're brand new. The only info out is the press release. They're not available until the end of October. :?

I copied the press release and posted it here:

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1938
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #13
Who's your Daddy-0!

Well here is a quick update. First I'm dead tired as I had a long day at work today. But the conversion kit came in today on time So I had to get it on tonight.

Well getting everything on was pretty straight forward and easy. Had to drill a few new holes, cut of some nice carbon fiber parts. But all of that was no prob. But of course things had to get funky as they always do with anything that I touch

I have a Neu motor for this build and I have a Fiego as well. The Neu being the one that I was going to put in. The Fiego for the track. Well you know that I ordered the "Novak Brushless Conversion Kit" for this build.

So in ordering this conversion I never noticed that the motor mount in this kit would only fit 550-size HV motors! What does this mean? It means I can only really run a Novak setup! Ugggg!!!!!!!

So I ordered a "HV Pro Brushless 4.5T Novak combo" It's 5000kv and 890 watts! Down side is I can only go 4c lipo with it, the up side is it should be stupid fast!

So I'm done with it for another 2 days till the ESC and motor gets here. I'll snap a couple of picts of the conversion later. Time to relax for a few and start back on the Drag Truck!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
Hateraide

cant wait to see this thing go, it sucks about the kit, i was looking at one but they only have the novak one which uses there hv motors, so i might make my own, mounting system, that way i could run a different setup and run like 6 cells
Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

If its not to late ditch the novak conversion and motor! seen one and though it just looked like a hack job. and have heard bad things about the Novak system.

Go to RC monster and order yourself a motor mount and Batter tray, youll have a MUCH MUCH nicer conversion that youll be able to use your Nue with and i think you will be allot happier in the end.

btw its Mugen
stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #16
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
If its not to late ditch the novak conversion and motor! seen one and though it just looked like a hack job. and have heard bad things about the Novak system.

Go to RC monster and order yourself a motor mount and Batter tray, youll have a MUCH MUCH nicer conversion that youll be able to use your Nue with and i think you will be allot happier in the end.

btw its Mugen
The Novak conversion is on it already now and the ESC and motor are ordered already. I can asure you that it won't look like a hack job! All of my builds and conversion are super clean!

I know a lot of guys running the Novak that love them! I can't say that I have heard anything bad about their HV setup's? I've never had any probs with anything Novak before....

Me spelling Mugen like "Mugan" is a loooong story Long story short one of the guys I used to race with always raced Mugen's as did I. Every time he would win he would say "I-Moooo-Gan" in the sound of the old horns! He was Asian. When he would say "Mugen" he would gay the "gen" like "gin" So we spelled it like "Mugan" and he would say it right when we did that So me and all the guys that raced together started spelling it like that and got stickers made. One of those you had to be there things;) So I still spell it Mugan! But thanks daddy-0
Old 09-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
Hateraide

Updates
Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Updates
Nope....the conversion is in. Checked the tracking for my "2 day shipping" (For the ESC & Motor) that was ordered on Wed. and tracking show that it will be here Monday

I'm sick of paying for 2 day shipping for stuff that shows in stock and getting it 5-10 days later And no I don't count the weekends, just business days. Ordering on Wed. it should have been here by Sat at the very latest. Other wise I would have just done regular ground, it would be here at the same time!!!!!

A few weeks ago I ordered some tires. When I ordered them it showed 80+ sets in stock. I paid for 2 day shipping. 10 days later I got them. I called the company and said I wanted my shipping charges back. They said no, that when they finally shipped them I got them 2 days later!!! I asked them to have a manager or owner call me. They said ok. Yep.....still haven't received that call back!

So Monday I will have some updates guys Sorry for the rant! Damn! Now I need to go change my tampon again
Old 09-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
Hateraide

yeah i know that feeling, it will be worth the wait though
Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
Who's your Daddy-0!

Alright! Got the HV 4.5t combo in today Working on it now