LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Project Mini Cooper

Hi Guys,

Just though of sharing this build.

Basically the body is made by MJX/Rc

http://www.mjxtoys.com/showProDetail...C%20CAR&inch=1

and out of the box just like my H3 the details and accuracy are great. The wheelbase is at 250mm and track width of the body is ~165mm. However the chassis and electronics are just toy grade so it has to go. I only added few mods on the body like cutting the front grill and adding inter-cooler and making a dummy muffler. The only thing that took time on this project is hours of research on finding the chassis that would fit w/o any or minimal mods on the body and on the interior detail. At first I though of using MO3L since it has 3 wheelbase setting but the closest and longest is 239mm, still short for the Mini's wb and since its a tight wheelwell (and using a 1.9 wheels and tires) theres not much room either perfect or not. Its not practical for me to just buy a whole kit just to test fit so I tried with what I have. Luckily I also have a TT01E that I just upgraded with Yeah racing and 3racing parts which makes its WB tuneable. What I did is I flip the rear upper and lower arm (front edge facing rear) to shorten the wheelbase however its not short enough its still longer by a few mm. At front Im using 3racing upper and lower arm, instead of using the included plastic clips to adjust caster angle I all use the clips on the front side of both upper and lower arm to further shorten the wheelbase and that gives me a perfect wheelbase for the Mini C body. Now Im left with one problem, track width. TT01 got a TW of 185mm it can be resolved by using neg offset wheels however I dont have that so I just adjust the camber and it turn out looking like a Mini Cooper on 17" of wheels (tuner style). Okay enough talk

Rear Arm flipped, notice I also cut the rear bumper and added a muffler.

front 3racing arm w/ all clips on front, notice I also max out camber setting. I ditch the turn buckle with a set screws.

Hack a bit of the interior to give clearance for the chassis brace

Used stealth body mount at front

Just drilled hole/slot at the rear for the body post

The TT01E chassis

and the result

interior shot

cobra seats!

size comparison

Thanks for looking
elaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links